Why is my device getting such poor reception?
BBSOCAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am about to get rid of my 2-3 month-old Q10 since other people have a very hard hearing me.  They say they hear an echo or that I'm starting to break up.

This happens about 50-70% of the time no matter where I am using the phone. (calling or receiving)

I live in San Diego metro area and not in the boonies.

Yes, I turn my phone off several nights a week, call volume is switched up, phone has all the latest software updates, etc.

Has anybody gone thru the same thing and have found a solution?

I hate using my phone since calls are so risky.

Now I have to use a landline if the call is very important.

HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
BB Q10 NIGHTMARE- horrible reception, about to sell my new phone
BBSOCAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, well well -

I did put a call thru Verizon Technical Support again, and I was lucky enough to get someone who knew Blackberry's very well.

After a few questions, I was asked if my Q10 was in a cell phone holder.

IT WAS, I was using an aftermarket "OTTER BOX" plastic casing holder. (it was a well reviewed product on Amazon!)

As it turned out, after removing my Q10 from the OTTER BOX, my  phone started working well.

My apologies to Blackberry for all this and to Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: BB Q10 NIGHTMARE- horrible reception, about to sell my new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BBSOCAL,

We want to make sure your phone is working like you need it to! I understand not wanting to hear an echo while on calls. Have you tried calling your cell phone from your landline to see if you hear this same echo? Has this happened the entire time you've had the phone?

Has the phone been exposed to any water or have any physical damage? If not, each device we carry has a standard one-year manufacturer's warranty, which provides you with a certified-like new replacement at no charge. We'd send this replacement to you and ask you to send your current
Q10 back in the same box and using the prepaid shipping label inside. This is an option to consider if we've done all troubleshooting.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BB Q10 NIGHTMARE- horrible reception, about to sell my new phone
BBSOCAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, well well -

I did put a call thru Verizon Technical Support again, and I was lucky enough to get someone who knew Blackberry's very well.

After a few questions, I was asked if my Q10 was in a cell phone holder.

IT WAS, I was using an aftermarket "OTTER BOX" plastic casing holder. (it was a well reviewed product on Amazon!)

As it turned out, after removing my Q10 from the OTTER BOX, my  phone started working well.

My apologies to Blackberry for all this and to Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: BB Q10 NIGHTMARE- horrible reception, about to sell my new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BBSOCAL, no apology needed. We're just happy to hear that your issue has been resolved at this time. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here for you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes