Why does my battery life suddenly drop to zero?
ka2qit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a less than 2 yr old bold and the battery life suddenly drops from 60% to zero (red open rectangle) radio will go off. Will plug in charger and it quickly restores to about 60% and charges to full, Replaced battery no change, Latest OS 7.1. It appears to be a software issue, any help Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bold 9930 battery life suddenly drops to zero
jsanders
Enthusiast - Level 3

ka2qit, it is not uncommon for the on-device battery meter to be off-sync with the actual battey charge. Understand, the on-device meter is software based and basically a calculation of the historical charges/use, the power currently in use, etc., and is calculated.

Try this, with your Bold connected to a wall outlet charger, and powered on, remove the battery of the Bold a minute and replace to reboot. You may need to do this again a couple times the next couple of days. But doing so will normally reset the on-device software meter.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Does this happen when the phone gets very cold?

0 Likes
ka2qit
Enthusiast - Level 2

No

0 Likes
jsanders
Enthusiast - Level 3

ka2qit, it is not uncommon for the on-device battery meter to be off-sync with the actual battey charge. Understand, the on-device meter is software based and basically a calculation of the historical charges/use, the power currently in use, etc., and is calculated.

Try this, with your Bold connected to a wall outlet charger, and powered on, remove the battery of the Bold a minute and replace to reboot. You may need to do this again a couple times the next couple of days. But doing so will normally reset the on-device software meter.

ka2qit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much for the tip. I believe the problem is rectified by your instructions!

jsanders
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great. You're welcome & Good luck.  

0 Likes