Re: OS 10.2 Update Yet? When?
pdpfeiffer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I loaded a leaked version of 10.2.1 and I love it. I  also am very disappointed in Verizon. 10.2.1 is a game changer, it has an improved hub, a better feel and the big thing it allows you better access to android apps and the ability to load native APK  files. it  seems unfair that Apple IOS  does not get delayed by Verizon and I heard that they expedited the release on the latest Android OS,  but  BBOS goes through months of review. I  would of thought that at a minimum 10.2 would of been released coincedent with the availability of the Z30. The bottom line is that Verizon doesn't care about Blackberry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting powdah! Unfortuantely, we do not have any information regarding the release of new os. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph I would suggest also not to install a leak to the device. Installing a leak os will void the manufactures warranty on your device.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny how you have no information on the upgraded OS - when you are selling a phone with the new OS on it - the Z30.  The way I see it is from the old days when we used to say 'too big for your britches' or 'we are Ma Bell' and do not need to care.

I am getting to the point where I am willing to ditch the best coverage for a smaller company that really does care.

pdpfeiffer
Enthusiast - Level 1

You  just have to  resolve yourself to the fact that Verizon just does not care about Blackberry . If you  go  shopping  for smartphones on their homepage, the only way  you  can get to  blackberry is to  use to  the filter. iPhone, Androids, and Window phones are available directly on the shopping page. Being a Blackberry fan, means you  just need to hang tough because Verizon will NEVER do anything proactive when it comes to Blackberry.

0 Likes
Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Powdah, that was one of my main points of confusion in my original post.  If Verizon is already selling a device with the OS on it, then what exactly needs testing?  The past week the KitKat update has been in the news, yet nothing at all about 10.2. With BlackBerry continuing to reorganize I hope it means they will find a way to bypass carriers for software updates, when they are proving to be of the sort that breathe new life into your phone and offer new features and bug fixes.    

0 Likes
Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

pdpfeiffer, despite the reply that links to an article that doesn't contain an ounce of information on BB10 devices or promote the abilities soon the come to them through OS 10.2, I do believe Verizon was very proactive for the BlackBerry brand by agreeing to carry the Z30 as an exclusive.  The problem is that unless they keep up with the OS udpdates, there's a risk of the kind of fragmentation that has plagued Androids and not really for a good reason if the OS being "tested" is alive in the field.    

DEMON_COFFEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once again I get the feeling of deja vu from VZW.  CSR's directing us to a link for updates on "coming" updates while competing carriers are touting the release of the updated OS, while a handset with that very OS is available for purchase.  Such shoddy treatment is really disheartening from a carrier that wants to make folks believe they are responsive to their customer base. (Okay if you own an i-device, or an android they are , Blackberry...sorry S.O.L.) The "bone" of the Z30 being an exclusive is an insult. Want Blackberry owners to believe in you as a carrier? Try being FIRST on the block with the newest OS update as opposed to LAST

blackberrychief
Enthusiast - Level 1

I miss Sprint.

0 Likes
bdbrown63

Verizon needs to remember that we do have other sources to purchase future phones, and since you are encouraging people to lease phones instead of buy them . I will probably choose another vendor for my next phone purchase . Most of my family is on AT&T , but I have been on Verizon for over 20 years and get no discounts or special services - what's to keep me here, but an early termination fee that you will have a hard time justifying if you are not going to adequately support the product that I purchased from you . Support includes updates that are being released worldwide . And How can you tell us it will void a manufacture's warranty to install a leak- which I haven't - when the blackberry link will restore the product to manufacturer's default software and setting . 

There are more and more apps daily requiring  10.2 as I see it the longer this goes on the more customers you are losing - It may come about where only one carrier  in the US will support BlackBerry - I had hoped it was going to be Verizon - I guess Apple is paying you big bucks to push their products more than any of the other lines .  Sad- Apple products only use Apple programs . BlackBerry is non-proprietary and uses some of the best of windows, android,apple and even kindle .

But go ahead appeal to the young crowd who have to have the newest toy on the block .  We see how well the went over with Beta VHS machines , Blockbuster and now Netflix.   You should be concerned with professionals who use their smart phones as tools not toys and be attempting to meet their needs.  If you don't someone else will come along and take that part of your business - I pity Verizon Marketing and Management if they are too bli nd and foolish to see it . Do they not read the reports of the number of customers switching to the new BES platform worldwide.      

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

All manufacturers void warranty on leaked software. You should read Apples ADC policy on installing their betas. It flat out tells you the warranty is voided even if you signed up and paid for the program(warranty comes back once it becomes official).

Verizon is not the waranter they are the middle man between you and the manufacturer. If the manufacturer tells them leaked software is void. Verizon abides by it.

0 Likes