When will my device get Android OS updates?
caalshouse

I have a BlackBerry Keyone device with a Verizon SIM.

It is running Android 7.1.1, but the Security patch level is April 5, 2017

I know that both Android and Blackberry have created Monthly Patch releases for their OS / devices, I can provide links to the release notes for each if needed.

But whenever I use the Updates, Check for Updates feature on my device, it comes back as saying there are no updates available.

Are you blocking / preventing the updates from getting to my device, and if so why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will my device get Android OS updates?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

caalhouse, we appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your concerns with the latest security patch. It's always important to keep the latest security updates on your device. At this time, we have limited information regarding any scheduled updates for a non-Verizon device. We do want to make sure that you're able to fully enjoy your new BlackBerry KEYone and we would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer to determine the best option to get you those updates as soon as possible. You can visit BlackBerry's support page at https://www.blackberrymobile.com/support/

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

when/if they become available for your phone.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

The updates are available. August update already released from BlackBerry.

Unfortunately Verizon is very slow about "testing" and releasing updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

caalhouse, we appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your concerns with the latest security patch. It's always important to keep the latest security updates on your device. At this time, we have limited information regarding any scheduled updates for a non-Verizon device. We do want to make sure that you're able to fully enjoy your new BlackBerry KEYone and we would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer to determine the best option to get you those updates as soon as possible. You can visit BlackBerry's support page at https://www.blackberrymobile.com/support/

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes