When will Verizon release the New BlackBerry 9650?
RBC

I am a long-time Blackberry user.  I want to switch to Verizon from another carrier to get better service.  I want a phone that is closer to the Bold I have now, and  have been waiting months for Verizon to release the 9650.  If I had known it would take so long, I might not have waited.  Now I am completely frustrated, don't know what to do, and am mad at Verizon before I am even a customer.  When RIM's pipeline is so well disseminated, Verizon do themselves a disservice by being so unforthcoming about their roadmap.  When is this phone coming out?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon release the New BlackBerry 9650?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I feel your frustration, as well as do some of the other users here in the forums.  No word of when, but I don't think it will be long.  I think over the next few months, a lot of Blackberry users will be happy.  A lot of good things are coming soon.

Doc

0 Likes
Coachbulldog

I'm not sure when it is going to be released but from everything I've read online it is going to be a top of the line BlackBerry. I'm a Storm 1 user and was planning on using my upgrade next month on the Storm 2, but I'm going to hold off for now to see what the new Tour/Bold is like.

0 Likes
CELLFAN

They will never release it because they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
mutton

Has any carrier released the 9650 yet?  I don't think so.  How can someone get angry at a carrier that hasn't released a phone that hasn't been released (or even announced) by its maker (i.e. RIM)?  Whose schedule is RIM operating on anyway?  Their own, Verizon Wireless', or some phone user's?

0 Likes
CELLFAN

Dude,

Read the internet...because Verizon screwed up the release of the Tour 1 so bad they are behind schedule. It is screwed up so bad they are considering releasing the Tour 2 as a Bold to overcome the debacle with the Tour 1. News is they will not release the Tour 2 until OS 5.0 for the Tour 1 is in the can.

This is about listening to your customers. Some of us need a world edition phone and hate the Storm, need a phone that works (i.e. not the Tour1) and want good customer service. Not a hard equation.

0 Likes
mutton

A good number of things are posted on the internet, a lot of them substantial to some degree and a lot of them mistaken and/or confused.  People who read the internet know that you can find anything you want, to back up your opinion or to counter someone else's.  I have a Tour1 9630.  It's a world phone, and, apart from the trackpad, which locked at times, it's perfectly fine for calling domestically and internationally.  Verizon replaced my Tour1 that had a faulty trackpad with a Tour1 with a healthy trackpad: end of problem.  Before getting the original Tour 1, It was no problem to wait until my prior contract expired.  And it It was no problem, after that, to wait for the Tour1 to come out.  The customers don't run the show, and thank God for that.  Someone who's not even a Verizon customer can throw whatever kind of hissy fit she/he wants to throw.  Complain if you want to, but I think it's because you want to find something to complain about.  I'm way too involved being productive in my work and life to need to complain about something that's not even necessary.  Blame it on your parents.

0 Likes