Re: When will Verizon push Android Marshmallow for the Blackberry Priv?
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply back Nicole.

Regarding my Wi-Fi calling whenever I go to Advanced calling to set it up it tells me that it's already added to my account and all I need to do is restart my phone to start enjoying HD and Wi-Fi calling. I do so and without prevail it still does not work even when I put it in airplane mode and attempt to force the setup for Wi-Fi calling I am prompted for setting up my address 911 emergencies however it still does not go through.

As for the swipe to text as on other marshmallow devices where you just start with the first letter and then swipe to complete the word I'm on able to do that on my device on either the virtual keyboard with a physical  keyboard. Is there some type of setting that I have to turn on?

Again thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
russellm_vzw
Verizon Employee

These are all great questions, KJJohnson37. Let's get you going down the right path to fully enjoy your PRIV.

For updating your address for emergencies, make sure Airplane Mode is OFF, and then:

a.Go to your Home Screen.

b.Open your Apps menu.

c.Tap Settings.

d.Tap Advanced Calling.

e.Tap Wi-Fi Calling.

f.Tap Update current Emergency address. You can update your address from here.

For the text swipe, there are keyboard shortcuts that you can customize, Enable Keyboard Shortcuts - PRIV by BlackBerry | Verizon Wireless , but do you mean the Swype keyboard? Make sure your apps are fully updated in the Play Store, then go to Settings > Language & Input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Type by Swiping, then turn on the swiping feature. Alternatively you could download the Swype Keyboard app from the Play Store. Let us know how that goes for you.

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply. I was able to setup the swipe feature and the keyboard shortcuts. However I am still unable to setup WiFi calling. Please see my screen shots that I took after following your notes.

The first one shows the advanced settings screen.

Screenshot_20161115-154415.png

Second is the screen I get after selecting activate advanced calling.

Screenshot_20161115-154422.png

I then click activate and get the following screen.

Screenshot_20161115-154429.png

I click okay and then restart my phone and go back to settings and find the following screen.

Screenshot_20161115-154436.png

That screen never changes.  I do recall a 611 rep doing something on their end to activate WiFi calling, is this going to be the case again?

Thanks

Ken

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the screen shots they definitely help! Let's take a look at the account. To begin, please send us a Private Message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the screenshots! It is certainly concerning to hear that you're having issues with getting Advanced Calling activated at this time. Just to be sure, the feature has still not activated at this time, correct? If so, when you access Products and Apps on your My Verizon, do you see the HD Voice feature currently active?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

WiFi calling and HD voice are still not working.   I am getting the same screens that I submitted on the website.

When I go to my Verizon it shows that HD voice is active on my line.

I do recall a 611 rep deactivating it when trying to troubleshoot the problem prior to the Marshmallow update being released.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have all the capabilities you need with your device. We can take a look on our end and make sure everything is activated as it should be. To begin, can you please send us a Private Message regarding this? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

@KleoL_VZW

@HarleyE_VZW

vzw_customer_support

I don't know how to send a Private Message.  Every time I try to it tells me that I can't send a message to a user I'm not connected to.  Why don't one of you start the message to me if that is how you want to proceed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand. However, we do not have the capabilities to initiate a Private Message. Are you able to reach out us via Facebook or Twitter?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to utilize these options. Have you tried removing and re-adding HD Voice through your My Verizon to see if it resets the feature on your device?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes