Re: When will Verizon push 10.3.1 to Z10?
TMATATI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using a Z30, no update available?

DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

You can get the upgrade with Sachesi. Country 311, Carrier 480.

Z30/Classic will show 10.3.1.1418, both use same Radio file.

OTA, not likely, don't think it was released separately, much pulled.

0 Likes
HoosierPop
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the link.  This is why there are so many threads on the CrackBerry forums that address 10.3 issues being experienced by Z10, Z30 and Q10 users.  As I said previously in this thread, it's better to have a fully-functional phone running 10.2 than a 10.3 paperweight.  BlackBerry had obviously envisioned this OS update to work for older models, so it'll just take a bit more time for them to figure out what went wrong and fix it. 

I'm glad I didn't try to load this OS update on my own through some website or link provided in the CrackBerry forums.     

0 Likes
BlueOyster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has there been any word on the 10.3.1 update? It sounds like everyone else in the world has gotten the update before us!

0 Likes
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

From Verizon?  No.  But plenty being said on CrackBerry.com.  Surf over and take a look.  They've released two iterations recently.  Most are reporting improvement over the first disastrous release, but still some folks who are encountering issues.  10.2 works like a champ!  This is one situation where I'm more than happy to wait for a good version.      

BlueOyster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally get that it takes time to get the bugs out. iOS8.1 was a disaster, but the major carriers still pushed that out right away. Patiently waiting for 10.3.1.

0 Likes
lsf222

Please push the 10.3 update. Or allow Blackberry to push to Blackberry LINK. Thank you.

0 Likes
molasses2
Enthusiast - Level 1

After doing my own research, I understand there have been tons of issues with the 10.3.1 upgrade. Unfortunately, that happens in the tech world. My concern is that nobody is communicating anything to us "little people." I shouldn't have had to do my own research. Verizon is my vendor, and my interface to the Blackberry world. There should be updates on the main web page that say, "hey, we've tested the new code and it broke stuff, so we asked Blackberry for a release date for the fixed code, but haven't received anything." In short, discussions like this shouldn't even be necessary, because our service provider should be keeping us informed.

BlueOyster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you explained the frustration well. The frustration isn't that I don't have the update. It is that there is absolutely no clarity about when it might happen, or why it is delayed. All I see are carriers from around the world updating their BB10 phones to 10.3.1 and I am stuck with 10.2.1. Well said molasses