What is everyone's thoughts on the latest Verizon commercial???
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have seen this please comment.

If you have not...please search youtube for verizon commercial or droiddoes.

I have a strange feeling that there will be no iphone coming to verizon like some of us have been anticipating....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is everyone's thoughts on the latest Verizon commercial???
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, I agree.

I think VZW just insured no iPhone ever! Fine with me since I don't think that phone is all it's cracked up to be.

They seem to be going head to head with everyone right now. So far it's AT&T and iPhone.

It will be interesting with Vodaphone releasing both Storm2 and iPhone, so the two will finally go head to head, but Vodaphone is Verizon's sister so the future could get interesting.

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

i'm so over the iphone. now thats a kids phone...all those games. but why no leaked videos of droid on youtube? and i think this phone is coming out next month. i want to see what its all about. i'm not big on flip out or slide out keyboards on phones though.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I love the new commercial. I think it's flipping awesome. It's a great slap in the face to the iPhone and Apple.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the iPhone on VZW, but I don't think it's going to hurt their chances any. I've always said a VZW iPhone is simply inevitable, but it won't happen until LTE. Apple sold over 7 million iPhones in this last quater, all despite the continuing problems with AT&T's data network. If it's doing that well on a sub-par network, I bet Jobs is drooling at the thought of how well it'll do on a 4G network.

Only time will tell friends.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

NMChileman is right on. You wont see an Iphone till LTE is prevalaint. The droid, Iphone and Blackberry just make each other stronger and give us more choices. Next year, 2010 ,is going to be a good year for CDMA'ers and that is even without some cool new berries comin down the pipe for next year.

0 Likes
serpentine5

here is a write up on the commercial:

http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wired/index/~3/TtbmLbz1-uA/

You can the commercial there or link to the youtube vid.

When I first caught the commercial, I knew what it was right off the bat..... an attack on the iPhone... Awesome...

the two lines that got me where "iDont allow open development" (for any of you techies out there you know what this one means) and the other was "iDont have innerchangable batteries".

Anyone who has an "i' product knows that the biggest draw back to them is the fact that they are disposable.... once the battery dies (or in some cases of the iPhone explodes) the device is worthless.

I dont know about you, but battery life and the ability to replace it when the life starts to dwindle is one of the things I look for in any rechargable device be it a phone, camera, or a toy.

0 Likes
terrell2k9

Personally I think the ad sucks. I'm type a person who likes know what I'm getting. Besides I didn't know what the commercial was about until I click on another video talking about it.

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

terrell2k9 wrote:

Personally I think the ad sucks. I'm type a person who likes know what I'm getting. Besides I didn't know what the commercial was about until I click on another video talking about it.

right...i didnt know anything about verizon's droid until the commerial and i googled it. seems like they would have put a video of what this phone can do. a pic...anything...and i didnt know it was to come out next month...i thought nov was all about blackberry storm2. i heard of tmobile androids...never verizon.

0 Likes