What exactly do I get? How do I get it?
serpentine5

I recently changed over from another carrier to VZW. I have the BB8330 with the personal email and web plan.

Looking at the Plan on the site, it looks like I get unlimited data.... but what does this really consist of? Can i use the GPS and BB maps whenever i want without occuring additional charges? How about web browsing? Can I use the Google chat and yahoo messenger without getting charged?

How about the email? Is that just access to an existing email via my ISP or an online email? or do i get a VZW email address included with my plan? if so, how do i get it and set it up?

My old carrier had an instant chat where the customer could chat with a rep and get answers to these questions and educated about different things, and it really disapointed me that Verizon does not have an instant chat feature like almost everyone else out there does.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What exactly do I get? How do I get it?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Your data plan includes unlimited data for everything. GPS, Applications, Browsing, Instant Messeging thru AIM, Yahoo, Gtalk, MSN, ICQ, Blackberry Messenger. Also includes unlimited email access for up to 11 email accounts; 10 personal free email accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc) plus 1 email from your device which is a @vzw.blackberry.net email address.

The whole point of a Blackberry is the email. It's all pushed directly to your device. When you get an email in your Hotmail/Gmail inbox you receive it instantly on your phone. No need to pull up a browser and go and find it.

There should be an "Email Settings" icon somewhere in the mainscreen. Click that to start setting up your email accounts. At that point you'll create the username password for your @vzw.blackberry.net account.

0 Likes
serpentine5

Thanks ,

Question, does the account site that shows a list of texts made and received also keep a list of emails? Say I have a gmail account set up, will it log my emails too?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  One thing to add to nmchileman's comments is about Google Mail or Gmail.  Visit here at Blackberry's web site for some info on the new Gmail plug in for Blackberry devices.  It's pretty cool.

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

MyVerizon will not keep a log of your emails. It doesn't keep track of any of your data details other than how much data you've used in a particular session and the date/time.

You can't even get a copy of your email logs from RIM. The only place it will be kept is at Gmail.com on Google's own servers as any other Gmail account would, Blackberry or not.

0 Likes
serpentine5

how do i get it to STOP texting me when i get a voice mail?

And how do i get it to stop requiring a password when i call voicemail? Like get it to know i am calling from my phone and it save the password?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

serpentine5 wrote:

how do i get it to STOP texting me when i get a voice mail?  Not sure about this....

And how do i get it to stop requiring a password when i call voicemail? Like get it to know i am calling from my phone and it save the password?  See below.

You can program the Voicemail number to autodial your password by coding a "soft pause" after the *86, then entering your 4 digit password and #. Go into your contacts menu, and the Voicemail contact, choose "Edit". After the *86, use the right soft key to enter a pause, you should be given an option of hard or soft, or wait or 2-sec, choose soft or 2-sec, then enter your 4 digit code, #, and save it.

The next time you hit speed dial 1, it will dial your voicemail, and the operator will barely get "Please enter your...." before it puts in your password, and you are in. Be cautious though, because now anyone in the know can speed dial your voicemail or look at your contacts and see your password. And this only works if you use the speed dial or voicemail contact menu - it doesn't work if you are dialing in from another phone, or are out of your home area and have to dial your phone number instead of *86 to get to your voicemail.  However, if you change the *86 to your ten digit phone number, then it WOULD work out of your home area as well.

0 Likes
serpentine5

Cool, a simple fix... works great. Thanks SuzyQ

how about the texting when I get a voicemail?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The only way to stop getting notifications from voicemail is to call and ask to remove the Message Waiting Indicator feature from your account. But then you won't get any notification whatsoever that you have a new voicemail. So...why would you want to do this?

0 Likes
serpentine5

Are you saying I will not get the little indicator icon on my phone telling me I have voicemail?

Reason I would like the text to be removed is because it is annoying and redundant. I get a call, I do not answer it for whatever reason. Phone indicates to me that I have a missed call and a new voicemail both by icon, and a new text. I unlock the phone, check the voicemail, then go to my text inbox only to find a text telling me what I already know and have already dealt with, now I have to open the text, and delete it. this is not a convenience, it is an annoyance.

0 Likes