WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THE UPDATE TO BB 10.3?
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

10.3 looks like it has some really nice features.  When is Verizon getting the update?

Labels (1)
Re: WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THE UPDATE TO BB 10.3?
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

First, current BlackBerry phones, except Passport and P9983 will not see an official 10.0.3 in any version.

After release of the Classic, at some point we will get a version of 10.3.1, mostly depends on how fast the carriers are.

Most in USA are slower than a snail crawling  across salt.

BB4tw
Enthusiast - Level 2

100 percent correct. However, with a little Google searching and a few minutes plugged into the computer you can load a leaked version of both 10.3 or 10.3.1. It's really simple to do. I'm currently running 10.3 on my Z10 with zero issues.

A new leak of 10.3.1 was just outed today on N4BB.com

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

As for 10.3.1, stick with 1016 for now. Newest 1151 seems to have caused some problems for many.

BBM, Clock, Whatsapp and many others do not work. Hasn't affected everyone, but it did quite a few, including myself.

Just a heads up.

0 Likes
BB4tw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good info to know. Thanks for the heads up.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

I know that leaks are available.  I am just not willing to take the risk.  I was hoping that I would not have to wait that long for a legitimate update...Oh well...

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Since Verizon isn't selling either of the newest BlackBerry phones yet, Passport nor Classic, I don't think we will see any OS upgrade until they start selling at least the Classic.

10.3.1.1154 is running like a charm on my Z30.

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Here's the latest:

BlackBerry 10.3.2 Available NOW in US for All BlackBerry 10 Devices | Inside BlackBerry

VZW? BB10 users/customers want it without delay when you get it.....

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Classic upgrade to 10.3.2.840 is available, also works on Z30. Same OS and Radio files.

BlitzOS for all BB10 devices also available here:

BlitzOS 10.3.2.840 (SR 544) All BB10 Devices

0 Likes
makingup2do
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just had a chat session with VZW rep - and she was very helpful.  Said they got the update on June 16th, and are rolling it out in "spurts."  Not sure how long until I see it, but am at least happy to hear it's being rolled out now.