Voicemail icon on screen
rfresh
I have the voicemail icon on my Tour screen but I don't have any voicemails pending ! Its the cassette looking icon. What gives with the icon if I don't have any voicemails?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail icon on screen
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Mine does it also. Its a minor annoyance .
0 Likes
cigarbuffray
did you listen to a voicemail and not delete it or save it? 
0 Likes
rfresh
I have deleted ALL of my voicemails and yet the little cassette icon is still there - must be a software bug...
0 Likes
MrSpock2002
Are you sure that it is not the visual voicemail icon? 
0 Likes
rfresh
I'm pretty sure it's not my visual voicemail icon - I have no visual voicemail messages...
0 Likes
MrSpock2002
Try pulling the battery our for a minute and put it back in.  If all else fails reload the OS if it doesn't go away in a day or two.  Or maybe try calling RIM's tech support.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Make sure the two voicemails are not still showing in your messages folder.
0 Likes
rfresh

I can't belive the owners manual does not show me what all the icons that can show at the top of the screen are for!

I am pretty sure my cassette icon is not for my visual voice mail but I am not 100% sure. If I could find the icon in the manual then I'd know for sure.

I would like to call RIM - what is their support website URL so I can get a phone number to call?

Thanks...

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
The cassette icon IS for voicemail. If you dont have visual voicemail setup then it wouldnt show anyway. Please look in your messages, this will hold voicemails, all your pop accounts, sms, and BBM messages. If its not cleared here also it will still show.
0 Likes