Voicemail and keypad
jtoohey85

When I go to voicemail, the keypad becomes unusable. Instead of the typical keypad, only the *, 0, 1 and 5 are displayed. Has anyone else seen this, or know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail and keypad
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
Bump, anyone seen or heard of this?
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

jtoohey85 wrote:

When I go to voicemail, the keypad becomes unusable. Instead of the typical keypad, only the *, 0, 1 and 5 are displayed. Has anyone else seen this, or know how to fix this?

Are you running aTheme other than the original Storm theme? Older themes have problems with the display in 5.0

Other than that, a good old battery pull might cure the problem.

0 Likes
jtoohey85

OK...It mysteriously started working for a while, but now it is doing it again. I tried multiple restarts, including battery pulls, to no avail. Voicemail is essentially useless until I get this resolved.

And, no, I am not using any themes.

0 Likes
rontee

First this is a known Storm2 issue.

You can get your phone replaced for this, but it will reappear again.

There are 2 easy fixes that corrct it, but it will re appear, I am told it will be fixed in a future software update.

Fix 1 is long but 100% effective and that is to go through the entire typing tutorial again, no one is sure why this works but it does.

Fix 2 is much easier and is 100% For ME but I have heard others say it didnt work.....try it. Call into your voicemail and get the undesireable keypad then hold down the blackberry (menu) button until the ribbon with the application swap icons comes up. Then hit the back arrow to escape from the "ribbon" screen...the new correct keypad will magically appear.

0 Likes
Chibimaui

You are the BEST!!!!  I've tried everything listed on the blogs and have spoken to Tech support at least twice (once for more than 1 1/2 hours) having to load the BB Desktop manager, doing a backup, master wipe and master reset without finding the cause of the problem.  I was assured it was most likely d/t an application - funny because I don't have any except those that came with the phone!  I update the phone regularly too.  Then the following week, the funky keypad reappears.  So, YOUR SOLUTION IS THE ONLY ONE FOR ME THAT WORKS.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

0 Likes