VZW Tones Deluxe ringtones not working on my Curve 9330
mcbobs13

I recently purchased three ringtones for my Curve off of VZW Tones Deluxe.  When I tried to set them up as my ringtones for my phone I was told that they were invalid.  I tried to battery removal reboot but it did not work.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW Tones Deluxe ringtones not working on my Curve 9330
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Downloading and installing custom ring tones can be a tricky task.  First, you have to make sure the ring tone is a compatible file type for the Blackberry.  Some examples of compatible file types would be H.263, H.264, MIDI, MP3, and MPEG4.  MP3 is the most common you would probably use.  To install the ring tone, see the instructions at http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-download-and-install-ringtones-your-blackberry for more.  If the file is not a compatible file type, don't worry too much.  You can find a file converter on the internet.  A lot of those file converters are free, or at least free to try for a limited time.  You can do a Google search for MP3 file converters for more on that.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: VZW Tones Deluxe ringtones not working on my Curve 9330
Not applicable

Good Morning!

I can help with the ringtones for you!  Were these ringtones bought on our VZW Tones website or from the VZW Tones app on the Blackberry?

If it's purchased from the app on the phone then it automatically saves to your ringtones under 'Sounds'. If you got it on our website, it should come through as a MMS/picture message and you have to same them first as MMS/ringtone.

Are you only getting the error after it saves and you are in 'Sounds' trying to set it up?

Thank you!

0 Likes