V CAST apps
StaticFX

Ok, doubt anyone has noticed this.. but in my  Application Center  there is an app called V CAST apps. Its the new app center for VZW.

I download and installed but it will not connect - now the question is: is this really supposed to be there yet?

Im guessing no since there is NOTHING on the website about it.

Anyone else see this? and can you get it to work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: V CAST apps
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

VCast Apps has been released currently only for the Storm 2. So it is really supposed to be there. I don't know if there's many apps available in there though.

If you want to get it connected try doing a battery pull or uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

0 Likes
StaticFX

nope - batt pull and reinstall did NOT work. This was posted at crackberry and there is not one person who can get it to work.

"Error: Unable to verify your account information. Please call customer service"

Thats what everyone gets.

Where can I find more info on it?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The app went live back in Feburary. I know a couple people who who have tried it but didn't find anything worth while.

There's no information on the website because bascially the application just acts as a portal to mediastore.verizonwireless.com.

But again, the cynnic in me just feels like there isn't anything in there that you can't already download from Blackberry App World or from Crackberry.

0 Likes
eccm

I downloaded the Verizon Ap on the 19th and got the same error message. On the 20th I called Verizon and it went to tier 2 with a ticket number. The tech was also saying the WiFi should be turned off too. Still getting the same error message (they  changed the ap from Friday to Sat. since the Versions went from 1.0.1 to 1.0.5). I think that they just goofed up & put it out before the bugs were out.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I got an update from VZW today. Yesterday they made an announcement to employee's that the VCast Apps clients was in fact posted early. It's not ready for launch yet due to software glitches

So just go ahead and remove the application since it won't work. The real launch is supposed to be in the "near future".

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I like that..."near future"...can we use that for the Tour OS update, too??  LOL

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

VZW announced yesterday at CTIA that the VCast App store will launch on March 29th.

0 Likes