Use hotspot device with Blackberry and skip data plan?
tjmcols

Is it possible to use the blackberry with the hotspot device and not sign up for the data plan?  I want to use cell phone and PDA features around the house with WiFi on most days.  Then, once in a while I will travel and am hoping I could use that  hotspot device for browsing internet, getting email when I travel and don't want to power up the laptop. Would that work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Use hotspot device with Blackberry and skip data plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tjmcols wrote:

Is it possible to use the blackberry with the hotspot device and not sign up for the data plan?

Short answer, NO.  The data plan is REQUIRED with Blackberry devices.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Welcome to the forums.  All Verizon smartphones such as Blackberry devices and PDA phones require a data plan of 29.99 per month.  Only the PDAs such as the HTC Ozone and like have WiFi.  I have heard rumor that future Blackberry devices sold by Verizon will feature WiFi, but that is rumor.  But keep in mind, that all smartphones sold by Verizon will require the data plan.  It is the same price for PDAs and Blackberrys.  I believe that just about all of the other providers require a similar, separate data plan.

Doc

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Yes starting next month with the 9550 (50 meaning WIFI) Storm then the 8550 curve and the 9650.

All Carriers (AT&T and T-mobile also) require the data package to use WIFI. 

0 Likes