Upgrade to 5.0 or not
pianomanss87
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi. My Storm works great. Very happy with it.. Is it worth the up grade or should I stay at 470148

Piano Man

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to 5.0 or not
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

pianomanss87 wrote:

Hi. My Storm works great. Very happy with it.. Is it worth the up grade or should I stay at 470148

Piano Man

Hi Piano Man,

In my opinion, never reinvent the wheel.  If it is working for you then you might not upgrade.  However, I have found through my experience is to let the OS release be out for a few weeks and see what other folks are finding for common problems and then decided if you want to upgrade.  Either way, please take time now the back up your device through Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Doc

0 Likes
pianomanss87
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Doc. Thats what I was thinking. Also my Storm is set to back up every 3 days. To me the Storm is a computer that also makes phone calls so back up, back up., back up.

Piano Man

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

pianomanss87 wrote:

Thanks Doc. Thats what I was thinking. Also my Storm is set to back up every 3 days. To me the Storm is a computer that also makes phone calls so back up, back up., back up.

Piano Man

Good job.  When you do upgrade, you won't have near as many problems as others.

Doc

0 Likes
Jeff_in_TN
Enthusiast - Level 3

StreetDocRN wrote:

pianomanss87 wrote:

Piano Man

Hi Piano Man,

In my opinion, never reinvent the wheel.  If it is working for you then you might not upgrade.  However, I have found through my experience is to let the OS release be out for a few weeks and see what other folks are finding for common problems and then decided if you want to upgrade.  Either way, please take time now the back up your device through Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Doc

I have had several friends that are "seasoned" BB users tell me the same thing about waiting at least a month after the intial release of any upgrade.

0 Likes