Upgrade request failed error message.
Docshock6
I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my storm.  I did the "Options" -> "Advanced Options" -> "Wireless Upgrade" method a few days ago, which is how I found out there was a new upgrade.  Then it informed me that it couldn't upgrade but put a "Wireless Upgrade" icon on my Storm.  When I click on that and it runs the upgrade is keep getting an error message "upgrade request failed."  Most of the posts I have read talk about using Desktop Manager, but I have a Mac.  Any suggestions?  I took it to the nearest Verizon store and they told me to try the method I used the first time, but making sure I have a full battery and still had no luck. 
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade request failed error message.
nycrdc
Contributor - Level 1

Plug your device into the computer & open desktop manager it should automatically look for an update.

If not open Internet Explorer (not available in firefox/opera/safari/etc...)

got to www.blackberry.com/storm/updates

0 Likes
Docshock6

Thanks, but I don't run a windows-based computer.  The only update I have been able to locate is an .exe file, which I obviously cannot run.  Not much support for a MAC, I guess.

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Why don't you just take it to the local vzw store and have them update it?

Explain to them the problem, and ask them to update it.

Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 06-09-2009 06:07 PM
0 Likes
nycrdc
Contributor - Level 1
I'm sorry I didn't see that you were running a mac. I have to agree with EVO_unlimited and bring your device to a store to be updated. unfortunately VZW & RIM don't have much support for a MAC =(
0 Likes
CalypsoDiver

I too kept getting an error message. It was indicating I had too many personal items on the phone, which was interesting because 1) I don't download and play music, 2) I don't get or send e-mail, 3) My text message file only has 1 short 6 word message in it, 4) I only subscribe to 1 Instant Message service (Blackberry), I only have 1 address in the IM folder, and I have no saved messages, 5) I have only 1 short VM saved, 6) I have no saved files for any Application, whatsoever, and 7) I have an 8 Gb card in the phone. The download update was shown as 22 Mb.

Anyway, I offloaded a couple of Applications, a process I repeated three times. After each try, I again tried to download the update. Finally it worked. When it started, the download took a couple of hours to load and run.

By the way, I did the download over the air. Did not connect it to my laptop because the Bluetooth has never worked correctly between the Storm and my VAIO.

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1
They can't update them in a Verizon Wireless store. The computers at the stores are all firewalled and locked so that you can't connect a Blackberry. I was able to get one of the "Data Consultants" who had a lap top with him on his visit to the store to update mine.
0 Likes