Re: Trying to decide 9650 or Samsung Facinate, are you happy with your BB?
SpyderBite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Comparing the two is comparing apples to oranges. I prefer productivity with the option of entertainment available to me vs. An entertaining phone in which productivity is secondary to its functionality. Thus I have always rolled with a 'berry. Currently have a Tour but will probably get the 9650 in a month or two unless something newer comes a long in the meantime.

Remember that a Blackberry is primarily an email machine with its unique "push email" system. So, it excels above all other smartphones when it comes to email and sms. If those are your priorities then I would go with a 'berry.

If you prefer a phone to talk on, text moderately and the 3rd party apps (games, etc.) will be its primary use, then the Samsung or any of the Droid based phones are for you. Maybe even hold out until the iPhone hits the VZW lineup.

Now, don't get me wrong, the Blackberry probably has the largest selection of apps out there because it has been around longer than the other devices. But most 'berry users try not to sacrifice too much of the memory for anything more than the apps they use often. Rarely will you see a 'berry loaded up with games and instant messengers even though they are available.

I guess what I'm saying in a nutshell is... if you want a "fun phone" get the Samsung or one of the other new toys available. If you're looking for a workhorse device that is going to keep you productive and reliable.. go with the 'berry.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I'll be upgrading later this year or early next year (most likely January when I get my NE2) and I've been playing with and comparing the Droids and the Blackberries.

Your post, SpyderBite, along with things Sydney and Doc have shared, as well as Spiral and others, are convincing me I need to get a Blackberry! And the Bold is looking better all the time.

I would use it primarily for email and texting, and phone calls. I'm not much of a "gamer", none on my current phone and rarely on the computer (a game of spider solitaire now and then!). And with the increased memory of the Bold, loading the few apps I would use shouldn't be an issue.

Any comparisons as far as the browsers and internet experience? I develop websites, and I would like to optimize (or offer optimization) for mobile...and having a phone I could view sites on myself firsthand would be a definite plus. (Browsercam and Browsershots notwithstanding). Are the Droids or the BB's much different when it comes to web browsing?
0 Likes
beammeupscotty

I'm due for new phone now too.  I use my phone for emails, web, and most importantly syncing my Microsoft Outlook contact, tasks, and calendar.  I know the BB does it but do these other Droids?  The Blackberry torch looks perfect...I want a  keyboard and touch screen. 

0 Likes