Trying to decide 9650 or Samsung Facinate, are you happy with your BB?
Gunit

Hi,

I am going to get my upgrade, and getting my first smartphone. I will be using for email, txt, phone, and a little web. Are you guys happy with the blackberry, or is it getting out dated and I should move to the driod platform? Was looking at the 9650.

Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to decide 9650 or Samsung Facinate, are you happy with your BB?
Gunit

Anyone have some input??

PLEASE?????

Gunit wrote:

Hi,

I am going to get my upgrade, and getting my first smartphone. I will be using for email, txt, phone, and a little web. Are you guys happy with the blackberry, or is it getting out dated and I should move to the driod platform? Was looking at the 9650.

Help

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Gunit wrote:

Hi,

Help

I am very happy with my Bold 9650.  It is definitely the way to go (IMO) if you are looking for a great phone that does email, text & web.  My priority has always been the phone capability and my Tour (first BB) & Bold have never dropped a call.  The other benefit of BB is the battery life.  While I am not a heavy user, I can say that I do not have to charge as often as my friends with other smart-phones (Iphone, Droid).  Partly because of the lack of a touch screen.

Bold 9650 is ready for the new BB Operating System 6 (currently released only in a 'leaked' version) which has greatly improved the web browsing cababilities.  I am using the new OS-6 and like it.

I recommend you try each out at a Verizon store and then take one home for a 30 day trial. Good luck with your new phone.

0 Likes
webbhog

I am in my 30 days, I started with the Fasinate and after 2 weeks switched over to the BB Bold.  I loved the Fasinate, but had issues with email.  Now with BB Bold, no email issues, but miss the big beautiful Fasinate Screen and the Swype keyboard (much faster than regular keyboard)  I also miss the ability to make the screens bigger with my fingers on the Fasinate.  So I'm thinking of going back to the Fasinate and dealing with apps for the email issues.

Both phones are great in their own ways, but  think my heart is with the Fasinate.  My suggestion is to try them both.

0 Likes
bs321
I had the HTC Droid and was extremely unhappy with it! My roommate had the same one and we both always had problems! I heard the motorola one was way better but it is very large and heavy and I didn't want a huge full keyboard. It sounds like u use ur phone for mostly the same reasons I do and I am very happy with my blackberry tour now compared to the HTC Droid!! The only thing i miss is the full touch screen but I will wait for a blackberry all touch other than the storm till I get a new phone as the blackberry works great!
0 Likes
chyna4zeus

Unless you use enterprise email (outlook, etc) go with The fascinate or any of the new Droids. (Incredible, X, or D2)   Much more features and fun to be had.  The Blackberry App world doesnt have nearly the apps that the VZApp store does and thats not available on the BB's.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Here is a link to view different Smart Phones, Features and Reviews of customer input about the phones.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice...

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1
"I will be using for email, txt, phone, and a little web." Sounds like you would be better served by the Blackberry. There are a lot of features on the Fascinate that would probably not be used. When it comes down to what you describe....Blackberry just kicks butt.
0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

BlackBerry cannot be beat for instant email, texting (the Bold keyboard is amazing), call quality and battery life. Do you have friends with BlackBerrys? You can use BB Messenger to chat with them. In fairness, other smartphone platforms have instant messaging as well, but BBM is just easy and always connected, and you can see when someone has read your message (not sure if others offer this feature). And a big plus for me is I can stick a BB in my pocket and not worry about the screen cracking or scratching.

I wouldn't worry about the platform being outdated. RIM is still a strong contender because BlackBerrys just work the way they're supposed to. Get what's right for you, because these opinions constantly change. I still see lots of "Back to BlackBerry" threads.

Since you said "a little web," I think the Bold might be a good choice for you. If you were into heavy browsing, watching videos, or loading up on free apps and games, I'd say check out the Fascinate. If you want fun, innovative stuff that looks amazing onscreen, BB is not known for that.

As a previous poster said, try out both devices in a store. It's the best way to know. Good luck deciding!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Check out this upcoming device. Android OS with a BlackBerry-like keyboard and global capabilities.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/05/motorola-and-verizons-crazy-portrait-droid-pro-unveiled/

0 Likes