Trade in bb
trinka
So my bb storm is malfunctioning and Im going to get it replaced, I have insurance/extended warranty or whatever. But I really HATE the storm, and I want the Pearl Flip. Can I exchange it? I'm out of the 1 month return thingy.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in bb
bbnewbie
I got the flip in May and had to replace it for malfuctioning in July, now this one has locked up my new and my some of my blackberry original ringtones. I don't know if it's me or the phone but I wanted to inform you of my current problems with the flip, up until now it's been great.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
What do you mean Storm is "malfunctionig?" Do you have alot of "third party" applications running in the background? Close whatever program doing, like browser, email, not just pressing end and forget about it, while in email, or browser tap menu button, screen pops up, press CLOSE.:smileywink:
0 Likes
UIC

I bought my first storm in December, I am now on my 4th one. All issues have been hardware related. Other than my first new 9530, Verizon will replace (if under warranty or have insurance) with a REFURBISHED unit. I've also experience extremely poor response times, lock ups etc. This isn't a software/application issue.

Issues

SMS, could not receive - trouble shot for hours over the phone with Verizon and Blackberry. Took it to the local Verizon store and they couldn't resolve the issue. R/R phone with refurbished

2nd - Battery would not hold a charge over night (no applications running). Verizon sent a new battery. Same issue. Phone replaced with a refurbished phone

3rd - dead spot on touch screen (happened first day I received it. Phone replaced with a refurbished phone

4th phone - Clock - Timer funciton doesn't work (set time, save) go back to Timer display screen, values that were entered and saved are zeroed out. Calling Verizon first thiing tomorrow.

Will Verizon every offer the iPhone??? 

0 Likes
ziggyangel
My Storm sucks! Purchased in April '09 - worked great for the first 3 months; however, it has aged 5 years and gone C R A Z Y.  I have spent hours on the phone with VZ Customer Service trying to find a way to get rid of this crazy phone.  At this point, I am stuck. My plan is not eligible for upgrade and I cannot add lines.  What really gets me is ---- VZ wants you to be completely satisfied. 100% satisified; however, when you are not - you cannot walk in a VZ store or online store and change phones.  Its crazy insane. We pay our bill. We keep our contracts up-to-date but VZ tells us when we can change phones. Doesn't work that way with a car, a house or even your spouse.  I was told by VZ store representative that there is NO trade in.  Good luck!
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Tell us what went crazy with your Storm? I got my Storm May '09, only problem I had was the 148 OS upgrade. After the 148, email and MMS, SMS, went out. Cannot send or receive, called to Verizon customer service problem solved. (Third party applications running in the background?)  Getting rid of your spouse would be more "expensive" and have "more" problems than a Blackberry Storm.:smileywink:
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Will Verizon every offer the iPhone??? 

Yes, starting first quarter of next year if I'm not mistaken.

As for problems with the Storm, they are known issues.  A 67% return rate is a huge scar on an otherwise great handset.  My Storm (purchased in Apr 09) has worked without issue since day 1.  Now my buddy who picked his up the same store, same night as me has had to have his replaced for the screen getting stuck in the pressed position.  When he got the refurb model, it didn't feel hardly any different from the one he was sending back so I hope it works out ok.   Please see my tips and tricks below for maintaining your Storm and solving minor issues.

To keep your BB running smooth, simple maintenance practices are necessary to get the best BB experience. Think of your BB as a computer that after a while gets bogged down if too many programs are running or memory is running low. This is tailored to Storm users, but general navigation and benefit should be relative to all BBs. Here's how.

1. During general use CLOSE using the BB menu button (spotted button) out of everything you do from programs to desktop menu icons, do not escape with the 180 back arrow or red button. Why? Because open programs or applications take up valuable resources/memory and in some cases cause extra battery drainage; think Weatherbug or BerryWeather. How do I know if everything is closed? From your home screen hold down your BB menu button until a row of icons comes up, all you should have is: Home, BB IM, Message Envelope, Call Icon, and Browser Icon.

2. On a DAILY basis, soft reset your device with a free application such as "Quickpull" or pull your battery out to bring your phone back to its peak operating efficiency. This is like restarting your computer and will also solve many issues or errors you might run into while using this device. So if something is not working, you've got no sound, the phone is very sluggish, whatever the case may be, a soft reset on your handheld will a lot of times be just the cure you're looking for. "Quickpull" will allow you to schedule resets which I like to do in the a.m. before I wake up for a fresh phone.

3. On a weekly basis, clean your memory by going to Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning>BB menu button>clean now. You can set memory cleaning to automatically clean at a certain threshold if you're so inclined. Also, from the home screen in landscape mode hit BB menu button>bring up your keyboard>type "/"/ >BB menu button>Clear Log>Delete.

4. On a weekly basis, clear your browser cache by opening your browser>BB menu button>Cache Operations>Clear history.

0 Likes