Tour 9630 Trackball issues - Replacement possible?
GerIRL

I have a Tour 9630 (which is a replacement for another Tour where the Trackball dies after a week back last summer).  On this Tour, the trackball will not scroll upwards on the screen.  Left|Right|Down are fine.  Does anyone know if VZW can replace just the trackball?

I don't particularly want to get a replacement phone as otherwise it works fine, and I have a bunch of paid apps on it registered to the device PIN.

Thanks for any input.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issues - Replacement possible?
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

You can also try to clean the trackball.  You should be able to pop it out and with a cuetip, you can clean the contacts, particularly the top contact.  Also you can clean the ball itself with a cloth and some rubbing alcohol.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

GerIRL wrote:

I have a Tour 9630 (which is a replacement for another Tour where the Trackball dies after a week back last summer).  On this Tour, the trackball will not scroll upwards on the screen.  Left|Right|Down are fine.  Does anyone know if VZW can replace just the trackball?

I don't particularly want to get a replacement phone as otherwise it works fine, and I have a bunch of paid apps on it registered to the device PIN.

Thanks for any input.

Hi,

Besides cleaning the trackball as described above, you can power off the device and set it on a hard surface.  Then, press down the trackball and rolling it up and down and side to side.  Do this a few times and it might start working again. 

Doc

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

jnestell wrote:

You can also try to clean the trackball.  You should be able to pop it out and with a cuetip, you can clean the contacts, particularly the top contact.  Also you can clean the ball itself with a cloth and some rubbing alcohol.

The Tour's trackball doesn't really pop out so well. You need to take the phone apart to take the trackball out.

I had a problem where mine wouldn't scroll up, no matter what I did. I took it to a store and the tech replaced the ball. Took all of 10 minutes.

0 Likes