Tour 4.7.1.61 Downgrade File
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Some of you Tour owners who upgraded to the latest Verizon 5.0 OS seem to have problems.  A few Tour owners have messaged me about downgrading.  Unfortunately, Verizon makes the 5.0.0.591 OS file the only OS available for downloading, thus making it impossible to downgrade if you did not have the 4.7 file already saved on your computer.  If anyone who wishes, I have set the Verizon 4.7.1.61 file up for download on a public server.  If you want the file, send me a Private Message here in the forums.  To send a PM, click my screen name and look for the link "send this user a private message."  I will respond by sending the URL for the download.  I hope this helps some of you who are having problems.

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tour 4.7.1.61 Downgrade File
gsk326

I would love to have the download to restore my blackberry back to the 4.7 version.  I could not find a way to send you a direct message; I did not see it on your home page.

I too am very frustrated; I really like the upgrade except for the fact the the text messages are now in one thread.  I am a physician and get my hospital calls and office calls via text instead of having a beeper.  Now they all come in one "chat".  What really makes me mad as by going through several blogs, I see that this same problem has been present with blackberry upgrades for multiple devices dating back to last fall.  Obviously blackberry and Verizon care more about being just like a I phone than taking care of their business customers.

Please let me know how I can reach you so I can get the download for 4.7.  Thanks so much.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

To use the Private Messenger feature of the forums, see this link at http://community.vzw.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm for help.  I sent you a private message with the link you requested.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes
dhall69

I'm a frequent user of SMS text messaging and extremely frustrated with the new "tag on" feature.  I've also experienced problems with my BB locking up when trying to delete messages from the SMS folder.  I've had enough and want to revert back to 4.7.1.61.  Could you be so kind as to send the downgrade to me?  Thanks!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

dhall69 wrote:

I'm a frequent user of SMS text messaging and extremely frustrated with the new "tag on" feature.  I've also experienced problems with my BB locking up when trying to delete messages from the SMS folder.  I've had enough and want to revert back to 4.7.1.61.  Could you be so kind as to send the downgrade to me?  Thanks!

Hi,

The file is large and would be a huge attachment for an email.  I, rather, set up a site for folks to download the file.  I will send you the link for the download in a Private Message.

Doc

0 Likes