Tinytwitter
seabright
Contributor - Level 1
Does anyone here use TinyTwitter? It has a feature that is supposed to allow you to locate nearby tweeps (twitter friends). However, I always get the error message "Sorry, could not acquire a location timed out while waiting for GPS location". GPS is set correctly, signal strength excellent. I've tried in several different locations. Any thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tinytwitter
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

I have Twitterberry. However, unless I'm missing it, it doesn't seem to even have a function of locating nearby tweeps. Additionally, it doesn't handle retweets very elegantly. Tinytwitter has only one other weird glitch (always loads the same set of messages from about a month ago when I launch it, no matter how often I delete them) but it's easy enough to fix. Other than that, I much prefer it to Twitterberry and it works fine. The location ability (which doesn't seem to work with the Reqall app either) is a nice extra and I can live without it.

I'll give Twibble and Uber Twitter a look.

Guess I just won't be able to stalk my tweeps!

Thanks!

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

I've switched to Uber Twitter for the moment. It's also still beta. It locates me but not other people or at least not in the way the TinyTwitter is supposed to. Uber Twitter is a very nice app.

I'll see what happens if/when TinyTwitter gets updated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Hey seabright,

Got a new one for you.

[no 3rd party links please]

I don't tweet so IDK much about the apps. You may like or not.

C-ya round the forum,

Michael 

Message Edited by WendyM on 05-26-2009 03:38 PM
0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

seabright,

Got my link edited.....

Go to Cracberry and try the uberTwitter beta 2

They got an OTA

Michael 

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the offer! I've been using Uber Twitter for about a week and find it much better than Twitterberry. As it walks you through the settings when you install it, I had no trouble getting the alerts set.

Thanks!

0 Likes