The phone hangs once a while. Could not hear even though it says connected
rksahas

I received a corporate Blackberry phone 9930 BOLD. Once in a while, when I make a call it hangs. Under this situation, The call will say connected, and I will not be able to hear the other side. If I play a song - You cannot hear it either, The only way to revive it is to restart the phone by removing the battery and putting it back. Restarting with the power cycle button will not do the trick.

Is this a device issue/some settings or a bug

os version 7.1.0.163

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The phone hangs once a while. Could not hear even though it says connected
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds more like a bug. Occasionally when I place a call I don't hear anything and often look to verify I pressed the send key. As far as I know that is a network issue. If you're unable to hear music, have you checked your volume level? Note you cannot restart your phone using the end/power key. If you're looking to actually power cycle your device press left alt+right shift + delete. It saves you from having to yank the battery out of your phone. Please consider updating your OS to 7.1.0.755 and see if this resolves your media problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The phone hangs once a while. Could not hear even though it says connected
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds more like a bug. Occasionally when I place a call I don't hear anything and often look to verify I pressed the send key. As far as I know that is a network issue. If you're unable to hear music, have you checked your volume level? Note you cannot restart your phone using the end/power key. If you're looking to actually power cycle your device press left alt+right shift + delete. It saves you from having to yank the battery out of your phone. Please consider updating your OS to 7.1.0.755 and see if this resolves your media problem.

0 Likes