Suretype
louc
I have a Blackberry Pearl Flip.  Hate suretype - know how to use it, but it slows me down and I don't like using it or want to use it.  Does anyone know if there is a way to permanently disable it?  It's a pain to have to switch out of it everytime you type something.  Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suretype
cfireguy02

on my Storm this works so hopefully you can do the same on your phone!  Go to options  then sceen/keyboard and look threw there you should be able to switch it,  it took me a little bit to get use to the suretype but I love it now, if you haven't given it much of a chance maybe give it a try every once in a while but you could also say, why ruin a good thing? lol good luck and hope I helped you.

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

Louc: If you go into options and I believe it's screen/keyboard you can change it to T9 input but I don't recommend it because that is what is used on regular phone keypads and SureType is much better.  If you are in the 30 day period try to get a Storm, Curve or a Tour that as access to a full qwerty keyboard.

DJ

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
I agree with the OP suretype is awful. The tour comes with spellcheck on messages and text and it drove me nuts. Suretype made me crazy.
0 Likes
louc

Thank you all.  As to loving or hating suretype, like with most things, it's how your brain processes information. Everyone's brain is wired a little differently, what is helpful to some is hell for others!

Thanks again

0 Likes