Storm - previously purchased ringtones not able to be used?
unkfrank

I purchased my Storm in April '09. I purchased and downloaded several ringtones (they are mp3 files) that I had been using with no problems. Today I had to get my Storm replaced with a new one due to some issues (rebooting/restarting on its own, applications restarting after closing, yadda, yadda, yadda) 

I went to re-associate these ringtones with the contacts as before, but now when I try to do this, I get a message "Protected Content. Can not use as ringtone."  I get the same message if I try to set one of these as the general phone ringtone.

Am I **bleep** using these previously purchased ringtones, or how can I get these to function?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Storm - previously purchased ringtones not able to be used?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If you got the device replaced under warranty then you're eligible to redownload your ringtones. You can do this by logging into MyVerizon and finding the MyMedia Retrieval link. Or just click here to learn more.

On a side note, don't waste your money buying ringtones from VZW. Make your own! You can upload any type of Mp3 or .wav file and send it to your phone and save as a ringtone. Use myxer.com or funformobile.com to edit your songs. (dozens of sites out there, those are the ones I personally use). Save the file to your PC and use your favorate email client to send the tone as an attachement to your phone's address number@vzwpix.com

Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If you got the device replaced under warranty then you're eligible to redownload your ringtones. You can do this by logging into MyVerizon and finding the MyMedia Retrieval link. Or just click here to learn more.

On a side note, don't waste your money buying ringtones from VZW. Make your own! You can upload any type of Mp3 or .wav file and send it to your phone and save as a ringtone. Use myxer.com or funformobile.com to edit your songs. (dozens of sites out there, those are the ones I personally use). Save the file to your PC and use your favorate email client to send the tone as an attachement to your phone's address number@vzwpix.com

Good luck.

0 Likes
unkfrank
Thanks for the quick help. I went and took care of getting those ringtones back. And thanks for the tips for making my own tones, I'll be busy for a bit now :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
terok-nor

Saw a number of posts on this. Had an issue with my Samsung - would not take a charge from AC Adapter (would from car charger though wierd) and since the Verizon store could not give me a replacement device, I had to upgrade. Could not get my ringtones from the "MyMedia" area. Called Technical Support and they tried to give me the same line of "have to purchase them again as this was not an upgrade under warranty". After telling him that they could not replace it with a like device and the device failed, he quickly credited me and then sent the ringtone (via text) to my phone and credited my account. Something you may want to try if you get into this jam.

0 Likes