Storm or Tour or Storm 2
DrMPH08
It is time for my new every two and I would like to switch from a treo to a blackberry device and I wanted to know what people thought. If I should get the storm or the tour or should I wait until the storm 2 comes out. This will be my first blackberry device and I am very excited.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm or Tour or Storm 2
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

It depends on what you like and what you're going to use the phone for. If you really like the touchscreen and are into the whole fad of touchscreens then I would suggest waiting for the Storm 2. No use purchasing the original Storm since it's nearly a year old and new hardware is coming out soon. If you're going to use your Blackberry primarily for business I strongly suggest you get a real keyboard, for QWERTY keyboards the Tour is the phone to have right now. The Tour is definitely the best Blackberry on the market right now with a zippy processor, loads of memory and a big beautiful screen. The keyboard is an absolut joy to type on so hammering out long emails is not a problem.

Both devices will have the same functionality because they run the same OS. So it's just a matter of asthetics and if you can deal with a touch screen or not. Personally, I can't stand touchscreens and I think they're highly impratical for business users.

0 Likes
DrMPH08
I currrently have a treo and I love the touch screen but I also have a full qwerty keyboard. I guess I will go in the store and play with the tour. Who knows how long I will have to wait for the storm 2 to come out. Thanks for your input.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Storm 2 should be out October/November. It was released the week of Black Friday last year, so it should be around the same timeframe.

The Storm 2, and all Blackberrys after, will have WiFi. WiFi has been a longtime coming for CDMA Blackberrys, so it's very exciting to finally have it. You can read more about the Storm 2 by doing a Google search. I suggest reading on Crackberry.com, BoyGeniusReport.com and EngadgetMobile.com for more information, tech specs and pricing/release rumors.

If you could bare waiting any longer there is supposed to be a Blackberry that's touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard coming out in Spring next year. It's called the Magnum, or the Onyx. ...or the Atlas. Or the Banana phone. :smileytongue: There are so many Blackberry codenames out there it's hard to remember them all.  

Good luck.

0 Likes
DrMPH08
OMG! Thanks so much. I am actually on the phone with Verzion now. I guess I could wait I am so excited about all the new things coming out. This is such a hard choice. But now Verizon is giving me the run around about upgrading. Geesh. again thanks for the information
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

It's called the Magnum, or the Onyx. ...or the Atlas. Or the Banana phone. :smileytongue: There are so many Blackberry codenames out there

LOL . There is a few but only the Atlas will be a CDMA version . I believe that will be the 8550 Curve. FYI-new naming for phones  the 30 at the end just means CDMA and the upcoming 50 designation means CDMA with WI-FI.

Thats why the new Storm will be the 9550 and not the 9530.

0 Likes
imcldbldd
I just purchased the Blackberry Tour and I was wondering is there a way to upload my phone list from my Touch to the blackberry. I was subscribed to the Assistance Manager or whatever it's call but it says its not compatible with the blackberry. Does anyone have a suggestion or easy way of getting my contacts to my new phone???
0 Likes
wldkatz03

you should be able to go into a VZW store and do a phonebook transfer

0 Likes