Re: Storm 2 rebooting
HideoGump

I had the same problem with my Storm 2, and I concluded that it was not a software issue. It happened twice when driving down a rough gravel road; multiple times when unplugging the USB plug; when lightly squeezing the phone front-to-back; repeatedly if I dropped the phone one-half inch onto my desk. I concluded that it was behaving exactly like a battery pull, and that this was a mechanical glitch - intermittent poor contact with the battery terminals, or intermittent discontinuity on a circuit board. I exchanged it for a new phone, which works perfectly. The store manager had not heard of this issue with other Storm 2's. Maybe there is a quality control issue in the build process . . .

0 Likes
bberryuser22602

I have the same issue. Its mechanical. You lay it down. put it in your pocket, holster it it reboots. My first Storm2 worked fine till the speaker went in it. They replaced it within worry free with new device. After that reboot started. They sent me a FRU and it still does it. One of the Tech support folks tried to tell me i could have corrupted photos on my sd card causing this. Come on people. removable storage corrupted? Tell me another one. So after a backup and security wipe with the tech guys, well yes go figure it still does it. Today a new replacement will be here. We shall see. Hopefully this isnt an issue in design with these. My storm 1 didnt do it. Must be they put the Verizon touch on these. There good at reinventing then breaking the wheel. At least they didnt lock down the GPS. 

0 Likes
bootsmagee

There is an issue with the batch of batteries that were shipped in the storm 2's, or at least some of them...it seems to fit too loosely and any small shock/drop/shake etc. causes the phone to reboot (battery connection is interrupted)..some people have gotten new batteries from Verizon to solve the issue, some have used their old battery if they had the original storm..I put some tape on one end of the battery, the side opposite of the battery connection to make it fit tighter against connection pins, and it fixed it for me...try tapping your phone lightly on a desk/book and see if it reboots...if it does, try the tape trick/new battery/storm 1 battery, it should solve the problem.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

bootsmagee wrote:

There is an issue with the batch of batteries that were shipped in the storm 2's, or at least some of them...it seems to fit too loosely and any small shock/drop/shake etc. causes the phone to reboot (battery connection is interrupted)..some people have gotten new batteries from Verizon to solve the issue, some have used their old battery if they had the original storm..I put some tape on one end of the battery, the side opposite of the battery connection to make it fit tighter against connection pins, and it fixed it for me...try tapping your phone lightly on a desk/book and see if it reboots...if it does, try the tape trick/new battery/storm 1 battery, it should solve the problem.

Nice you know I was thinking it was that. Was actually going to say,( when I read reply others having same problem) put a piece of paper under back cover..who would think you had to do that also on storm 2. 9530 better for screen click, and storm 2 works for battery fit and button issues.
0 Likes