Small box with a second hand in it
HenrySe1

Does anyone know how I can minimize the small box that pops up from time to time on my Storm?  Yesterday I missed a call because this box was popped up and going around and around.  If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Sean

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Small box with a second hand in it
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

No, there is no way to supress the box. That box is the equivalent to the Windows hourglass.

It means the device is doing something, usually important. It's the Storms "busy" signal so to speak.

So, when this is up, you won't be able to do anything until it finishes the task it is set on doing.

If you get a call and you have the box up, you'll just have to give them a call back when you can.

I have noticed with my device, before I updated my phone to a leaked OS, this box came up a lot.

After I updated, the box does not appear even half as much. Look into a leaked OS, it might be a good way to go.

Best of luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

No, there is no way to supress the box. That box is the equivalent to the Windows hourglass.

It means the device is doing something, usually important. It's the Storms "busy" signal so to speak.

So, when this is up, you won't be able to do anything until it finishes the task it is set on doing.

If you get a call and you have the box up, you'll just have to give them a call back when you can.

I have noticed with my device, before I updated my phone to a leaked OS, this box came up a lot.

After I updated, the box does not appear even half as much. Look into a leaked OS, it might be a good way to go.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
767pilot
I find this to be the most frustrating thing about the phone. It seems to me that it should be a phone first and put whatever else it is doing in the background on hold. Anyway, they never asked me my opinion. I complained about this at the store and they told me to increase my memory by removing some apps. I did this and the phone seems to have more "breathing room" now and fewer spinning clocks.
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2
You could just update the phone... Sounds crazy I know, but updates do help... Occasionally.
0 Likes
767pilot
I had the .75 and today is the first day that I have heard that the new one is out. I'm gonna give it a try
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2
Good. It's definately worth it.
0 Likes