STORM - What is a '3G' Network ? How to Make Ringer VIBRATE/SILENT using Custom Tones?
JerZICE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi guys I'm brand new to all this BB stuff so I have a few questions. Before I bought my STORM the Verizon Commercials I saw advertising in said it works on the LARGEST 3G Network blah blah blah. But when I look at my phone screen it displays "1XEV" Network and when I get into the Network Settings my phone is set to GLOBAL (this is correct setting right?)  & also has choices for

1XEV - GLOBAL - GSM/UMTS but when I played with the GSM/UMTS setting THEN 3G came up on the screen but said it was AT&T and SPRINT I think Networks which weren't available.

So what gives with the 1XEV is that 3G and if so why doesn't it say that on the screen if not I thought we had a 3G Network with Verizon?

Last Question - I have several contacts set up to have their OWN ring tones via the Contact Screen and have them set to ACTIVE PROFILE for the settings, but when I use the MAIN SOUND PROFILE Setting from the main screen and place it on VIBRATE ONLY or SILENT but if those Contacts that I have ring tones set to call they STILL RING OUT LOUD ! ! How can I get this to stop and go to vibrate ? I'm a photographer so when I'm on a shoot I turn my phone to vibrate as to not disturb my clients during a wedding or party etc. I can't have my phone ringing out loud like that. Am I missing something about this somewhere? I would have thought setting those contacts to ACTIVE PROFILE would follow what I set the main screen to.

Thanks

JerZ

Message Edited by JerZICE on 03-27-2009 12:08 AM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: STORM - What is a '3G' Network ? How to Make Ringer VIBRATE/SILENT using Custom Tones?
bigdaddy2009

1XEV is verizons 3G while in US. you will only see the 3G at top when  out of Country on GSM network. They are the Same though

1XEV = 3G

Yeah the Vibrate and Silent Sound Profiles have issues on the Current Official OS. (.75)  when you have custom tones set for contacts.

For the time being you have to create 2 custom profiles. 1 for vibrate and 1 for Silent.you would change the settings according to the profile.  (vibrate profile, everything will be vibrate. and Silent profile, everything all the way down on volume or silient setting)

0 Likes