SMS conversation history
pfan8

How can I view the full history for a saved SMS converstation with OS 5.0? The old OS had a previous lines function, but I can't find it on OS 5.0. When I open the thread, there are messages older than the one I'm looking for, but there are several missing between then and the newest messages, which makes me believe the others are still stored somewhere. What can I do to see them?

It shouldn't be a memory issue...I have plenty of functional space. I usually keep my inbox clean except for a few saved threads that have important information. People at Crackberry seemed to think it was more of a carrier issue than phone issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS conversation history
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I noticed your post over in Crackberry and I did not agree with the carrier-specific explanation that user gave you.  On my Tour, I have noticed that when someone sends me a SMS, the conversation is in a window like Blackberry Messenger.  When that same person sends me another SMS, it shows the older text from the conversation and keeps adding to it.  The older messages are kept for 30 days on my device, which I believe is the default setting.  I am not sure where the actual folder is with the conversations, but I am thinking it is integrated into Blackberry Messenger.  Is this how your SMS messages show up?

Doc

0 Likes
Re: SMS conversation history
pfan8

Sort of. The threaded messages in the SMS folder are similar to those on BB Messenger, but are not exactly the same. My messages are shown chronologically. However, the oldest message is about three months old. Like I said, it's a message thread I've had saved for some time, so, in theory, they shouldn't be getting deleted. I think I have them somewhere because I can see some really old ones, but I don't know how to see them all. I can't even find the setting for how long my phone keeps message OR for the number of previous lines it shows on 5.0.

0 Likes