Rude Customer Service Tallahassee
law2010

I went to one of several local Verizon stores today. I wanted to see if I could put a Q10 in my hand and feel how it felt and determine if I could live with less screen real estate.

I walked into the store and asked the Verizon employee standing up front if the Q10 had come in or if a demo unit was available. He said: "The Q what?" I explained that it was the new Blackberry 10 QWERTY keyboard phone. He said he had never heard of it. I explained that preorders started last week, so how could he have not heard of it?

The Verizon employee chose not to answer my question, but instead said: "We have sold maybe five of the Z10's since they launched and all of them were returned because they suck. If the 'Q' comes in, you should not get it because Blackberry phones suck."

The Verizon employee then asked me what phone I would be "coming" from. I told him the HTC Droid DNA. He then proceeded to tell me that "HTC phones" also suck. He then said that he had "never heard" of the Droid DNA. I pointed at the phone ten feet from him and said: "The Droid DNA is your company's flagship android phone. What do you mean you haven't heard of it? That is the top android phone you sell." He responded, "Oh, that phone."

Well, there you have it. I don't expect Verizon in my area to push Blackberry phones. The Q10 is doomed here.

Tallahassee does not appear to be a good place for Blackberry sales.

I literally want to pay the termination fee and get off of Verizon's network.  I have been a customer for many years, but I am tired of the obnoxious, rude sales force at every one of their stores.  I may as well terminate my contract with them and go buy a Q10 at AT&T.

Also, here is a rundown of how their sales force has treated me over the years:

1. 2009- Started my first account with Verizon while in law school.  I ended up purchasing two Blackberry 8330 phones at a Tallahassee Verizon store.  The Blackberry 8330 was my first smartphone and I chose it because the emailing on it was top-notch.  The Blackberry salesperson kept telling me that Blackberries were bad phones and that I should get an android phone.  After explaining that I wanted a physical keyboard and the portrait keyboard on the Blackberry was nicest, the person told me I was making a mistake.  I bought the phones anyway, but I should have just walked out of the store.  I loved my Blackberry 8330 and so did my wife.

2. 2011- Smartphones had advanced a long way and now the iPhone was available on Verizon.  I went into a Verizon store in Tallahassee again and tried to buy an iPhone 4.  The sales person told me that iPhones were not very good and that I should get a Samsung Galaxy S2.  I told the person I wanted an iPhone 4 and he insisted that it was a bad phone and android was superior.  I left the store and went to Best Buy.  Best Buy's sales team provided me with an iPhone 4 while explaining how awesome the phone was.  Further, when I told them about the Galaxy S2 issue at the Verizon store, they also explained how amazing the Galaxy S2 was and that I could not go wrong with either purchase.  My wife decided to get the Galaxy S2 and I got the iPhone 4.  Ultimately, she decided she liked the iPhone I bought more and we returned the Galaxy S2 for an iPhone 4 for her.  Our iPhone 4's were great and we loved them.

3. 2013- I bought a Droid DNA from Best Buy and avoided Verizon stores like the plague based on my prior experiences.  I had no issues and walked out happy.

Now, being a busy attorney in a high volume law firm, I decided that I would like to have a Blackberry for the physical keyboard and top-notch emailing capabilities.  I decided to look at the Q10 today and went to a Verizon store; the story above shows my mistake in thinking Verizon could change how rude their sales force behaves.

Hey Verizon, you guys talked me out of a Q10 for no reason today.  You made me want to cancel my contract.  I am sure I could throw $600.00 at your employees and they would still act like I am an idiot for buying phones from you.  Seriously, what is wrong with your sales force?

Thanks,

Another Loyal Unhappy Disappointed Customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rude Customer Service Tallahassee
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The stores won't have a demo unit in until the phone is officially on sale. They won't have a demo unit during the pre-sale.

Verizon Wireless never sold the Samsung Galaxy S2 model. They got the Galaxy Nexus instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
law2010

Yeah, I don't think you read a single thing I wrote.  This is not a matter of whether they had a demo unit available, it is a rude attitude issue.

Sales associates stating their products "****" is the problem.

>>comment deleted; Verizon representatives are easily identified by their rank and avatar<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Which store did you go to. Sounds like a third party reseller

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like the Q10 is supposed to available in stores on June 10th.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/05/blackberry-q10.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vegasilikit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been with Verizon for a couple of decades. Loved the service. Went in today, showed the email saying eligible to charge the phone to the account, told them I wanted a Q10 Blackberry. The gentleman I was dealing with didn't know what a Q10 was. An equally disinterested coworker said "That's that keyboard phone.". Brought my profile up and said "Nope can't charge to the account/"  The guy was totally uninformed and disinterested. Said "if you want it it will be 200.00 for the phone + a mandatory 30.00 upgrade fee and you lose your unlimited data."  I said, "Way to sell new equipment guy!!" 

I thanked him for his time and drove over to T-Mobile. Very friendly. New the Q10 features. I'm definitely going to be shopping for the best deal. If Verizon is so big that they feel they no longer have to give 20+ year customers any breaks then perhaps they don't need any more of my money. I'm also relating my experience to the corporate offices. Don't expect them to care but perhaps they'll train their staff not to alienate customers in the future. This was a corporate store btw.