Roll back update
EugeneNine

I need to roll back the OS update on my Priv to before March.  How do I go about doing that?  I have tried a factory reset but all the problems caused by the March update still persist.  I tried to contact Blackberry support but was directed to Verizon since I purchased the phone from Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Roll back update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EugeneNine, OS updates are supposed to help improve your cellular experience. We definitely want to ensure your phone works at its best after a new OS update installs. What issues are you experiencing through your Priv that you are looking to roll back to an older OS version?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EugeneNine

Before the March update my battery last almost two days, now I have to leave the phone on my desk at work plugged in otherwise its dead before the end of the day.

After the March update when I sit the phone on the wireless charger it starts charging but sometime later stops.

After the March update I can't use the camera with the flash otherwise all the pictures are just completely white.

After the March update I can't use Google maps/navigation because its so slow it keeps stopping.

Everything worked great before the update.  I did a factory reset last week but it didn't help any.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's alarming to hear that you are having such trouble, even after a reset, EugineNine. If you go to settings> Battery> it will list each of the processes/apps on the phone that have used battery. What are some of the top ones? This can help us get a handle on what is using so much power.

0 Likes
EugeneNine

Android OS, Google Services and Phone Idle are the top.  I don't have a lot of apps and have not added anything new.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EugeneNine

Thank you for those details, we want to ensure you are able to get the optimal amount of battery life from your device. Here is a link with some tips on how to improve battery life. http://vz.to/2iez0ir Does this device have any physical or liquid damage?

Edward_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EugeneNine

No physical or liquid damage.  Again I had good battery life and a useable phone before the March update.  Now I have to leave it on my desk plugged in and can't use the camera, navigation, etc.

I took a dozen pictures yesterday and that used 50% of the battery and caused the overheating message to come up.

I simply need it to work like it did before the March update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EugeneNine

Thank you for those we want to get to the bottom of this so that you are able to get the most from your phone. We understand that this happened after the latest update, at this moment there isn't an option to revert back to a previous version once installed. Can you please run a device health check and keep us posted as to the results. See here: http://vz.to/2twhPxk

Edward_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EugeneNine

Depending on which day I run the health check it will show whatever I used most (firefox, camera, etc).  It still doesn't solve the issues.

I was able to use the same apps before the March update but now after the march update no matter how little I use the phone I have to constantly charge it.  I also can't use bluetooth because the audio keeps stopping, I can't use the camera with flash, I can use the wireless charging.  I simply want the phone back that I had before March.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EugeneNine

Thank you for checking that, as that is always a good tool to use to see if it flags anything as potentially hazardous to your phone. Were there any items that had any recommended actions to improve the performance of your phone? Another thing we may want to try is resetting the phone and test the performance before you re-add any of your personal items/apps. This will help determine if something you have installed is having compatibility issues with the update, causing you to have this problem.

Edward_VZW

0 Likes