Ring Tones/Alerts stopped working
DaveInSeattle

My ring tones & alerts have stopped working.  I only get the vibration. When I go to "Sounds" and try to reset ring tones, I get the following error message: "Invalid ring tone selected, please make another selection!"  That happens no matter what ring tone or alert I try.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Ring Tones/Aler​ts stopped working
DaveInSeattle

I neglected to mention that it's a Blackberry Storm 2.

0 Likes
Re: Ring Tones/Alerts stopped working
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

DaveInSeattle wrote:

My ring tones & alerts have stopped working.  I only get the vibration. When I go to "Sounds" and try to reset ring tones, I get the following error message: "Invalid ring tone selected, please make another selection!"  That happens no matter what ring tone or alert I try.

Hi,

Pull the battery and let the device restart.  Try it again and see if it works better.  Let us know.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Ring Tones/Aler​ts stopped working
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Did the battery pull work?

Doc

0 Likes
dreamhouse32

I'm having the same issue. The battery pull got rid of the "invalid" message but the ring tones still have no sound. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Check the volume setting for each of the sound profiles. Check your phones overall volume setting. Do any of your alerts or ringtones sound for anything - calls, texts, calendar events, email alerts...?
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

dreamhouse32 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. The battery pull got rid of the "invalid" message but the ring tones still have no sound. Any other ideas?

Hello dreamhouse32!

I would like to help!  Did you try what  suggested?  What model Blackberry do you have?  What software version does your Blackberry have?  Do you have any custom profiles set in Sound settings?  Answers to these questions will help me provide you a fix.

0 Likes