Rhapsody and my Blackberry 9650 BOld
buckhorn70

I have a 9650 Blackberry Bold and I have downloaded Rhapsody on my computer to manage my music library....but when I went to download my music to my Blackberry.....Rhapsody would not recognize my phone. I check the Rhapsody website and they said my phone compatability was not ready yet, is this true?How do I get my music downloaded to my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rhapsody and my Blackberry 9650 BOld
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have a Bold 9650, also and I will tell you how I manage my music files.  I use the mass storage feature on my Bold to transfer music to and from my computer.  All you have to do is enable the feature by going to Options>Memory and turn ON Mass Storage Mode Support.  You can also check Prompt next to Auto Enable so that when you plug your device into your computer, a message will pop up on your device asking if you want to turn on Mass Storage.  Once connected, you can move music to your device.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
buckhorn70

I will try this tonight........it is ashamed that Rhapsody can not support the the blackberry phones though.

0 Likes
buckhorn70

I tried this.... when I plug my phone in to my computer I can not get a pop up asking to transfer music. I have the settings on my phone like I was advised in the above post.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry it is not working for you.  I will tell you how my settings are on my Bold.  In Options>Memory,

Compression:  Enabled

Media Card Support:  On

Media Transfer Protocol :  On

Mass Storage Mode Support:  ON

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected:  Prompt.

With those settings, it should give you the prompt and mass storage to you media card should work.  You can also check your computer under My Computer and it should list your Blackberry as a Removable Disk.  You can click on that and it will give you a list of files on your phone's media drive.

Doc

0 Likes
buckhorn70

Thanks.....got it working. I did not have all my controls set correctly. Your last post corrected that.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad that you got it working.  Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.  If you don't mind, please mark this thread as solution accepted so others may find this thread if they do a search for help on this subject.  Thanks.

Doc

0 Likes