Random Song Playing
BuderflyFairy16

Hey everyone...lets see if anybody's had this problem.

I make my own ringtones on phonezoo.com.  I have NEVER had a problem until last week.  I made a ringtone from a song and a few days later used the camera on my phone.  I got out of the camera feature and the ringtone I made started playing.  I tried hitting the end call button and unlocking my phone and locking it.  I tried everything.  Nothing worked! The ringtone ended on its own.  Not thinking about it I used the camera again for something and it happened again.  I finally deleted the ringtone and tried the camera again and it happened.  I then pulled the battery and tried the camera and it didn't happen.  A few days later I went back to phonezoo.com and made a new ringtone from the same song and this time it the ringtone played when I ended a phone call.  It no longer happened when I used the camera.  So I finally deleted the ringtone and pulled the battery and all is well without the ringtone on my phone.  Someone said to me I might have a virus on my phone or need an update.  I'm not sure how I can get a virus on my phone!!  Anyways!!! Has anybody had this problem.  Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?  Any help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks guys,

Amanda

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random Song Playing
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Amanda,

First, welcome to the forums.  Let me guess...you have a Blackberry Tour.  That is a known problem that has started happening with the latest operating system (OS) with that device, 5.0.0.591.  A temporary fix was found and you can go to this thread at http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/BlackBerry-Tour-9630-5-0-Upgrade-Issue-With-Sounds/td... for more information.  It is not a virus, but rather a software glitch.  My recommendation is to just not use any user-created ringtones until a software fix is released.

Doc

0 Likes
BuderflyFairy16

Thanks.  I got the Tour back in the first week of January and have made MANY ringtones for my phone and have had no problems.  As of right now I'm actually updating my phone.  Going to see if that helps.  If not...who knows...maybe call verizon and see what they can do..Thanks for the help!!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Reply back here in the forums and let me know how it goes.  Good luck,

Doc

0 Likes
steelejc15425

The solution described in the previous link worked for me.

0 Likes