Quickpull
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

When I go to Quickpull, it shows "Schedule" and "Steelthorn". What is  "Steelthorn"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Quickpull
pianomanss87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think Steelhorn is the developer of Quickpull

Piano Man

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Yes they are.  And I highly recommend you scheduling Quickpull to reset your phone on a daily basis.  I have mine Quickpull itself in the a.m. before I wake up so my phone is running at it's peak when I'm ready to use it.  This along with other very simply maintenance will give you the best BB experience.  PM me for details or just request here if you're interested.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the help! I have scheduled it for 3 AM every day.

BTW, I chose the free Quickpull as opposed to the Quickpull Pro, as I didn't see any benefits to the Pro. What are your thoughts?

I am really trying to get accustomed to Blackberrys, as I think that I will love them! Wish me luck!

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

A friend of mine downloaded Quickpull pro from crackberry for $0.99 and said it was annoying.  The pro version gives you some more control over the app other than just setting it to reset at a certain time.  With pro you can set memory thresholds and other little settings that will have Quickpull reset your phone during the day if you devices goes below certain limits and what not.  You may find your phone resetting itself multiple times a day with the Pro version but I don't personally think it's necessary as long as you're doing it in the a.m. and cleaning your memory on a weekly basis.  If your phone becomes sluggish, a Quickpull is almost always the fix as well as a great deal of other minor issues like apps not working properly or issues with receiving msgs and such. 

0 Likes
ever1ast
Although it doesnt have a scheduler like Quickpull, I've always used "Soft Reset" in place of battery pulls. Still serves the same function and its free.
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

ever1ast wrote:
Although it doesnt have a scheduler like Quickpull, I've always used "Soft Reset" in place of battery pulls. Still serves the same function and its free.

Regular "Quickpull" is free too!!  AND you get a scheduler to do it for you! :smileywink:
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Remember a soft rest is NOT a battery pull and will not clear up memory, or abonormal issue. Either pull the battery or use quickpull. The main benefit for me is I dont have to remove a Seidio case to pull the battery with Quickpull.

0 Likes