Question about the Gmail app. on BB device
mjc196

I've had a BB for several years but my gmail acct is new.  I recently learned (from this board) that there is no syncing available with gmail and that I have to physically delete messages on my BB even when I delete them on gmail.  So, I downloaded the gmail app (from www.gmail.com) to my BB because it allows syncing.  Here's my question:  how do I get it to notify me of new mail on the BB device without always having to manually refresh?  For my yahoo mail, i get that little yellow envelope at the top with the red star to indicate unread messages.  I get that envelope when I set up gmail directly on the device (but it doesn't sync).  The gmail app that I downloaded syncs but i cant figure out how to get it to notify me of new messages.  In the options section I have checked teh box that says to notify me of new messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about the Gmail app. on BB device
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you want to set up your Gmail account on your Blackberry, try this help page at Gmail.  I think you will find what you need. 

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Question about the Gmail app. on BB device
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Go into the GMail app and the click the menu and go to settings.  Scroll towards the bottom of the settings and make sure the option to notify you when there is new email... is checked.  This should take care of your problem.

0 Likes