Problem clicking links now on web pages.
docmlg

Since I have upgraded I am having a problem with my web browser.  I can no longer click on links on web pages.  The pointer still turns into a hand but when you click a link nothing happens and it "freezes" for a split second before it will move again, then If I move the pointer to a different part of the link a few times it will work but it is VERY annoying!  I have done a bettery pull 2 or 3 times and it is ok for a few minutes then starts again.  When I get out of the browser then go back in it works for a minute also then starts doing it again.  Anyone have any ideas?  I didnt have this issue prior to upgrading to OS 5.0.  Please help! 

I have a BlackBerry Tour with 103748147 Bytes Free

Thank you

Michele

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem clicking links now on web pages.
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried to zoom into or out of the webpage and tested clicking on the links?  Also have you tried another browser like Opera to see if you have the same issue?  I am betting it is another bug related to the OS upgrade but I havn't seen it posted anywhere yet.

0 Likes
we: Problem clicking links now on web pages.
docmlg

Thank you for the reply, it happens on pages where there is no zoom in/out as well as pages where that is possible.  Also, I don't have any other browser that I know of (or how to get one).  I like the browser I have and just want it to work the way it was.  For the most part I like the new OS but this is really annoying.  Thanks again.  Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it??

Michele

0 Likes
keyrse

I am having the same problem.  Even when I go through the steps to update some of my software, the "Accept" button isn't working.  I did a battery pull and haven't had the problems since.  I can't say if it was a 'fix' or a 'coincidence'. 

0 Likes
docmlg

I have done NUMEROUS battery pulls and the problem always comes back after a few minutes.  I hope its a glitch that there will be a patch for soon! 

0 Likes
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried contacting our tech support department to see if its an issue with the 5.0 are your device. The number is 1-800-Verizon, from any landline phone. Seems that it maybe an issue with your device since you have pulled the battery several times.

0 Likes
docmlg

I will try to call but it only started AFTER i downloaded the OS Upgrade (5.0) and it was perfectly fine before that.  Thanks.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

docmlg wrote:

I have done NUMEROUS battery pulls and the problem always comes back after a few minutes.  I hope its a glitch that there will be a patch for soon! 

Hi,

The browser problem you describe is a glitch that many users have found.  The problem will be fixed in upcoming OS upgrades.  For now, to fix the problem do the following:  Open the browser and navigate to a web site.  It doesn't matter, any one will do.  Hover over a link and instead of clicking the trackball, press the return key on your keypad.  That will take you to the link.  This is a work-around and will work.  I have the same problem on my Tour after this upgrade. 

Doc

0 Likes
docmlg

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your reply and the work around!!  I will look forward to the upgrade (now that I know one is coming)!  Thank you again!  Michele

0 Likes
peakcomp

I am having the same issue, and have contacted VZW for support.  They advised me, short of doing a complete phone wipe..there isn't anything that can be done.  "no one else has complained about it". 
I am very dissatisifed with the support in regard to the new update from verizon.  Get used to it attitude usually, no help to remedy the situation beside the typical "wipe everything" lose all your ringers etc, just to find out IT DOES THE SAME THING.  lol

Ken

Lee-Lee wrote:

Have you tried contacting our tech support department to see if its an issue with the 5.0 are your device. The number is 1-800-Verizon, from any landline phone. Seems that it maybe an issue with your device since you have pulled the battery several times.

0 Likes