Privacy on Enterprise Server
phg

I have a Blackberry with my own personal Verizon account. However, it is connected to my employers enterprise server for work email.

Are they able to monitor my Blackberry internet browsing? How about my netbook connected to my Blackberry through Bluetooth?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Privacy on Enterprise Server
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, you are correct. They can't monitor your usage or what have you. The only way they can see what you're doing is if the account belongs to them, then they would be able to check. Since the billing is in your name, they have no ability to monitor. BB aren't like computers, they can't see what a BB is doing on their server like they would be able to a pc or a mac.

So, you're all set and good. No worries.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

They can monitor your emails, beause you're sending and receiving emails on their work server for emails. The web browsing on the BB still goes through your own VZW account. So, no they won't be able to monitor your web browsing on your BB. You pay the VZW plan correct?

Now, if the BB was given to you by your employer, and they foot the bill for the service, then yes, they can monitor you. However, as long as it's your BB, and you own the account, it's all yours. You only use the work server for your email correct?

0 Likes
phg

Thank you for your response...

It is my account but I am reimbursed by my employer.

My concern is what they have the capability to look at, not so much what they are legally allowed.

I have two personal yahoo email accounts, facebook app, etc processed by my bby too.

I just didnt think my data usage, personal banking mobile website, etc. could be monitored by my employers Enterprise server if it is through Verizon.

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, you are correct. They can't monitor your usage or what have you. The only way they can see what you're doing is if the account belongs to them, then they would be able to check. Since the billing is in your name, they have no ability to monitor. BB aren't like computers, they can't see what a BB is doing on their server like they would be able to a pc or a mac.

So, you're all set and good. No worries.

0 Likes
phg
Thanks for the info... Very helpful.
0 Likes