Popping between songs on Media Player
dolphz

I have seen this issue addressed in other forums, with no resolution.  Has anyone figured out how to stop the popping noises between tracks when listening to the music player?  BTW I have a BB Curve 8330

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Popping between songs on Media Player
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have seen this same problem too in the Blackberry forums at Blackberry.com.  I would try this.  Go to Blackberry App World and download another free media player such as Unsynched or FlipSide and install it and try it to see if you get the same problem.  If you do not, then it is a problem with Blackberry's media player.  Let me know how it goes.

Doc

0 Likes
dolphz

I tried Flipside, and I still get this popping sound between tracks.  It is getting louder and VERY annoying.  I have gone through the battery pull and OS reinstall proceedures but it still happens.  I guess I can no longer use my BB as my Media player.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have thought about this and we need to narrow down where the problem is located.  First, if you can, if your music files are located on your memory card, remove the memory card and if you have an adapter, try to play the music files from your computer to see if the files are ok.  Sometimes during copying, a file could become messed up.  Try to play the file from the same song in the same place where you were hearing the popping to see if it is the same while being played on your computer.  If you can't play from your compter, play it from another device if you have access to someone's phone or MP3 player.  That would narrow down a problem with the recording or with your device.  Next, if the recording is ok on another device, narrow down if it is a problem with the headphones.  Try another set of headphones to see if the popping is recreated.  These are just ways to narrow down if the problem is with a bad recording, bad headphones, or a bad device.  Let me know how it goes.

Doc

0 Likes
dolphz

It's not an issue with the MP3, I play them on my computer as well as another MP3 player with no problem.  It's not a headphone issue, I get the same noise when using other headphones or going directly to an AUX jack in my car.  It is not an issue with the song itself, rather between songs (and I mean between EVERY song).  There is a loud pop when the player plays the first song, then a quiter pop when the song ends, and then a loud pop before the next song begins.  So two pops between every song, one after song A ends, one right before song B begins.  VERY annoying.  I know this topic has been around awile, but everywhere I search, I can't find any resolution.  Rather, there is an acknowledged problem which needs to be fixed (hardware or software??) but nobody thinks it's important enough to fix.  I gues I am in the minority when it comes to using a BB as an MP3 player.  Actually I had enough of this problem and bought an IPOD last week, problem solved.  I'll make sure I get rid of the BB when my contract is up.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I understand now where you are talking about the popping.  I'll keep trying to see if I can find anything around the net for you.  Enjoy the iPod.  I can't say I blame you.  You pay good money for something, you expect it to work.  But if I find something, I'll pass it along to you. 

Doc

0 Likes