Please help w/ contacts on my Tour!!
aac209

i just got my tour and apparently it doesnt use backup assistant.. but the guy at the store said if i plug it into the computer i can type all of my contacts on to my phone. does anyone have any idea of what im talking about? please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please help w/ contacts on my Tour!!
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

Depending on the type of device you previously had, a full service store should be able to transfer your contacts from your old device to your new BlackBerry.  After that you would want to download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then set up your sync settings to work with an existing address book application such as Outlook.  That way your information is backed up on your computer and when you add contact information to your BlackBerry or Outlook the information can be merged together.

0 Likes
aac209

Thanks! well the ppl at the store said they couldnt do it bc i deleted all my contacts from my phone bc i gave it to someone to use. but i got my contacts from My Verizon so now i just have to put them in Outlook? i also downloaded the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, there,

Welcome to the forums.  After you load your contacts into either Outlook Express or Outlook, you can load your contacts into your Blackberry with the Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Here is the way to transfer those contacts from Outlook (or OE):

1.  Connect your BB via the USB cable that came with your device.  The drivers should install automatically. 

2.  Run the Blackberry Desktop Program.  It may pop up a message that it is looking for updates, you can cancel that now.  Click Synchronize.

3.  Configure how you sync your information. On the left side, go to Synchronization.  This brings up the Sync configuration window.  Click Synchronization.   Now another window pops up for you to select what you want to sync.  Myself, I only want to sync Calendar events so I checked the box next to calendar.  If you want to check Contacts you can do that too.  Click Setup.  Select Microsoft Outlook and click Next.  Tell BDM how you want to sync your data, from Outlook to your device, device to Outlook, or  both ways.  Select which user profile (you should have only one called Outlook), Transfer all items, remove past alarms.  Click Next and Finish. Click OK.  Now on the left side of the interface, click Synchronize.

4.  The checkbox next to Synchronize organizer data should be automatically checked.  Click Synchronize.  

5.  There you go.  You may see some conflicts appear, but don't worry, you can look at the details of each one and decide on a one-on-one basis of what you need to do.

0 Likes