Pearl 8130 Replacement
vitreous

I have a Pearl 8130 that I bought brand new in May of 2009 from Verizonwireless.com.

The trackball has been cleaned many many times and I took it to a store and was told they can't replace the ball since the phone is discontinued.

OK since I like that phone, If I call 611 and get them to replace it, will they be able to send me an 8130 or are they substituting the dreaded "Pearl Flip"?

I really don't want the flip and if that is the case, I might just get a new Curve II at my 10 month period.

Anyone have any knowledge as to what they are replacing Pearls with?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pearl 8130 Replacement
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

vitreous wrote:

I have a Pearl 8130 that I bought brand new in May of 2009 from Verizonwireless.com.

The trackball has been cleaned many many times and I took it to a store and was told they can't replace the ball since the phone is discontinued.

OK since I like that phone, If I call 611 and get them to replace it, will they be able to send me an 8130 or are they substituting the dreaded "Pearl Flip"?

I really don't want the flip and if that is the case, I might just get a new Curve II at my 10 month period.

Anyone have any knowledge as to what they are replacing Pearls with?

Thanks

You can always order the ball yourself and then replace the ball yourself.  You can most likely find the trackball on ebay, amazon or even straight from Blackberry. If your phone is still under warranty (1 year) then warranty will send you a newer version of a blackberry but refurbished. Most likely you would get a refurbished pearl flip.

0 Likes
Re: Pearl 8130 Replacement
vitreous

Thanks, that is what I thought.  Not sure the Pearl Flip is what I want to deal with.

Too many issues etc. from what I have read.  I may try the replacement ball as suggested.

TheGreatOne wrote:

You can always order the ball yourself and then replace the ball yourself.  You can most likely find the trackball on ebay, amazon or even straight from Blackberry. If your phone is still under warranty (1 year) then warranty will send you a newer version of a blackberry but refurbished. Most likely you would get a refurbished pearl flip.

0 Likes