Opening Attachments
rayneman

<sigh>

Another Storm question.  I cannot open attachments of any kind.  Alas, with my Curve...I could open .jpeg and /pdf files without much fanfare.  The Storm won't open anything, and I have the docs to go which I thought would assist with something.

So I have an email with a .jpeg...I touch it, it gives me the option of opening it, which I do, and then nothing.  If I re-click the open attachment it says "Request already sent.  Resend?"  Then it says Service book info cannot be found.  My email works fine otherwise for all my accounts and I've resent service books, re-booted and all that.

If I try a .pdf it says "Desktop message not found or radio failure.  Resend?" 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Opening Attachments
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Here is some basic information on opening attachments on your device. Make sure that you follow these steps directly so that it could be determined whether or not there is a defect in your device that will require a replacement. This information and additional troubleshooting can be found in the Blackberry Storm's user manual by clicking on this link: http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/RIM%20-%20BlackBerr...

About attachments

You can view several attachment types on your BlackBerry® device, including .zip, .htm, .html, .doc, .dot, .ppt, .pdf, .wpd, .txt, .vcf, and .xls files. You can also view .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, and .wmf files, and play .wav and .mp3 files.

Open an attachment

To perform this task, your BlackBerry® device must be associated with an email account that uses the BlackBerry® Internet Service or a

BlackBerry® Enterprise Server that supports this feature. For more information, contact your wireless service provider or administrator.

1. In a message, press the Menu key.

2. If necessary, click Retrieve Attachment Information.

3. Click Open Attachment.

4. If necessary, on the Attachments screen, click an attachment.

5. If necessary, in the dialog box, click an option.

Attachment troubleshooting

A message or attachment does not appear or is truncatedTry performing the following actions:

• Wait for a short period of time. Your BlackBerry® device receives long messages and attachments in sections.

• If "More available" appears at the end of the message or attachment, press the Menu key. Click More or More All.

• If you are downloading an attachment, cancel the download and wait for a short period of time. Try downloading the attachment

again.

I hope this is helpful........

0 Likes