Not receiving email or notifications since I switched phones
Kariann114

I recently changed from my Blackberry Tour to my old Curve when my Tour self destructed. SInce activating my Curve, I haven't been receiving email or any facebook notifications. I reinstalled facebook, registered my blackberry and did the service book thing which I thought would fix the problem. It didn't, is there anything else I can do? When I go into "email setup" I get an error that says "your device had a problem connecting to this applications server."   Can anyone help steer me in the right direction?? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving email or notifications since I switched phones
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

If you go to the Setup folder and click on email settings what does it say? Does it ask you to retype your passwords or does it even show your email accounts.

0 Likes
Kariann114

it doesnt show anything. when i go to the settings i get that "cant connect to this applications server" error. Whatever that means....

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a battery pull and then go into the settings menu again.

0 Likes
Kariann114

did it...same thing

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Short of wiping the phone and doing a fresh OS install, I would say you will have to call VZ. I would suspect they will want to do that first though. What OS are running are you running?

0 Likes
josan904

My tour, just today is doing the same thing.  Upgraded software last week, today not working.

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Your new phone may not have activated completely.  You may want to try to register the phone again by dialing *228 and option 1.  Also what connection do you show on your phone?  Is it 1EXV or 1exv or 1x?  If it is not the first one then you do not have a data connection on your phone which would not allow the emails to come through and apps would fail.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

A phone call to Verizon customer service will solve this problem. Call from another line though so they can reset your device.

0 Likes