No good apps on Blackberry
socrates007

Verizon needs to take a lesson from the Iphone, the apps for the blackberry's are jokes compared to what the Iphone has. I ride a road bicycle and need an app that tracks my rides, does verizon have it? No! Iphone's have like 10 diff apps for that one purpose. What a joke....they have useless apps that are links 90% of the time. Get on board with technology folks and lets see some real apps added to app world!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No good apps on Blackberry
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Verizon has nothing to do with apps, Iphone or blackberries for that matter. I think you are directing your anger toward the wrong person. But dont fret things will change next year when LTE arrives for VZ and AT&T the playing field will be leveled and certain phones will be on different carriers.:smileywink:
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

socrates007 wrote:

Verizon needs to take a lesson from the Iphone, the apps for the blackberry's are jokes compared to what the Iphone has. I ride a road bicycle and need an app that tracks my rides, does verizon have it? No! Iphone's have like 10 diff apps for that one purpose. What a joke....they have useless apps that are links 90% of the time. Get on board with technology folks and lets see some real apps added to app world!

First of all, lets remember the mission of these two devices before we start saying how badly one sucks compared the other. 

iPhone=Entertainment trying to break into business (not totally successful yet as far as i can tell) 

Blackberries=All buisness trying to break into entertainment (not totally successful yet)

The iPhone has been out since 2006 with a main focus on applications and entertainment along with making phone calls and this is what it does best still 3 years later.

The Blackberries, mainly used for business and a primary objective of keeping those in business connected through email has just recently scratched the surface of entertainment and applications. 

So to say that BBs are jokes is very incorrect as they do what they're intended for and then some.  If you like iPhone so bad, switch to ATT or wait for the LTE switch with VZW and get one then.

0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's a link to some apps that may be of some use. I have not used them so I don't know how good they work:

{removed third party app links}

Message Edited by cgbb on 08-06-2009 11:43 PM
Message Edited by BradC on 08-07-2009 09:09 AM
0 Likes
MrSpock2002

RIM has the BlackBerry Appworld.  and Verizon has Rhapsody for the Storm.  Then there are tons of other sites, crackberry, handmark, bplay, Handango and the list goes on and on.

Verizon is also coming out with their own app store that will be open for developers like the iTunes store and is coming Q4 '09 to Q1 2010.

So no clue why you say it lacks apps. 

And as a side note don't mess with VZAppZone.  It's a worthless piece of software and sells hardly any software and it is all overpriced.  You can get the same apps and a million times more of a selection elsewhere.

Message Edited by MrSpock2002 on 08-07-2009 07:25 PM
0 Likes
ever1ast

MrSpock2002 wrote:

RIM has the BlackBerry Appworld.  and Verizon has Rhapsody for the Storm.  Then there are tons of other sites, crackberry, handmark, bplay, Handango and the list goes on and on.

Verizon is also coming out with their own app store that will be open for developers like the iTunes store and is coming Q4 '09 to Q1 2010.

So no clue why you say it lacks apps. 

Ditto MrSpock. Mobihand is another with tons to choose from. Maybe not in numbers to compete with the iPhone, but still far from a shortage of apps for BB's out there.

0 Likes