No backup assistant for Verizon Blackberry's?
jen626
I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 and even though in the store they said I could use Backup Assistant to transfer my contacts it now seems that they were mistaken.  I just want to make sure that threre is no way to transfer the numbers from my old phone on to the new one?  I have them all backed up with BA, but I am thinking I will have to just type them all in.  That sucks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No backup assistant for Verizon Blackberry's?
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Where did you buy the Blackberry Curve 8330? If it was at a  Verizon Wireless store they would have transfered all your contacts to your Curve because normaly they do the transfers to new phones you buy. Also, Backup Assistance is not available for Blackberry phones (you obviously found out). You use Blackberry Desktop Manager to backup contacts, etc. for your Curve. Sorry not any help.:smileysad:
0 Likes
jen626
I bought it at Car Toys, a local cell phone shop.  Hopefully I can take it in to a Verizon store tomorrow and get them transferred, and maybe they won't even charge me since I just signed a new two year contract.  Thank you for the info, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Thanks. Well I mean new phones you buy from the Verizon store. I bought a phone from 1 of "Verizon autherized dealers" prior to my Storm, and they did the transfer, actually to a Razr first, then did a annual upgrade to Storm. Good luck.:smileyvery-happy: 
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Let me clarify so not confusing. My first 2 phones I got from a Verizon autherized dealer (not too much variety of phones). Then I got my third phone a Motorzr at Verizon Wireless store and they did the transfer of contacts, etc. I thought the Razr was the best phone I got, then I heard about the Blackberry Storm. So I bought it for annual upgrade, Verizon did the contact transfer and all okay. Let us know about contact transfer.:smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
MicahMorgan

Jen, I was told that my old phone contacts could be transferred via backup assist too.  Wrong. 

I first took it to an "authorized Verizon store," but that store said I had to take it to a "Corporate Store."  That means I had to take it to a store owned by Verizon, not a franchise type store.  Once at the real store, they were able to transfer my contacts.

Also, like mentioned, the Desktop Manager, will back up, synchronize, restore, or transfer your full contacts.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
I stand corrected. I got my Razr and Storm at a Verizon corperate store, not from a autherized dealers. Good luck on contact transfer.:smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
berrynew

I had the same problem switching to the 8330. I found this information

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/backup-assistant-contact-transfer-8387/ 

I was able to save my contacts to an Excel file and import them into my laptop email client then sync'd to my blackberry.

I hope this is of some help for you as well.

-berrynew

Message Edited by berrynew on 08-07-2009 04:19 PM
0 Likes