Re: New touchscreen+sliding blackberry?
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

how long have you had that contract? they didnt even offer plans that cheap 2 years ago

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Since Sept. 2008. It is an Alltel plan, but I would think Verizon has something at least comparable. I think Verizon's closest plan is 450 minutes (I have 500 now) for $40 plus $30 BB plan.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

looks like thier cheapest plans for talk text for one line is 60 plus 30 for a bb plus tax and insurance.....120 ish

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Would you need to pay $20 a month for texting? You can get a 250-text package for $5, and if you use BB Messenger to chat, that's data and doesn't count ... depends how many of your friends have BBs.

Also, consider carefully whether you need insurance. Besides the monthly payment, there is a $90 deductible. For someone careful with a phone, it may not be worth it. For someone who leaves it on a bar or takes it skiing, then it probably is. Also, with a higher-cost plan like BB, if yours is the primary number, you can upgrade after one year if you renew your contract. So let's say you drop your BB in a lake 10 months into your contract, you could use a backup phone until the year mark.

I'm just trying to help you lower your plan. When I first got my BB, I paid tethering, insurance, etc. and it was $120+/month ... too much, IMO.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

i hear you i do use about 5000 text a month though i think i know about 2 people with a bb lol so the messenger isnt much help

0 Likes