New touchscreen+sliding blackberry?
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

sprint is getting something that appears to similar to the storm in size but has a slide out keyboard that looks like the tour's keyboard anyone know if verizon is in line to carry this phone? sprints looking better and better they dont even charge that bogus 29 dollar charge for smartphones unless you want to use bb's email server and there's no 400 dollar deposite to join like verizon asks anyone oh yeah and the 4g network is vw anywhere launching there upgraded network?  has anyone else looked into sprint or had a bb or smartphone through them would love some input on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New touchscreen+sliding blackberry?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

hallcp1019 wrote:

sprint is getting something that appears to similar to the storm in size but has a slide out keyboard that looks like the tour's keyboard anyone know if verizon is in line to carry this phone? sprints looking better and better they dont even charge that bogus 29 dollar charge for smartphones unless you want to use bb's email server and there's no 400 dollar deposite to join like verizon asks anyone oh yeah and the 4g network is vw anywhere launching there upgraded network?  has anyone else looked into sprint or had a bb or smartphone through them would love some input on this?

I have heard of this device,but was not sure where it was going to be released.  I saw something about it in the Crackberry forums last week or so.  I have not heard, but as far as I understand, all Blackberry phones require the data plan which is about 30 bucks, no matter what service you are on.  The $400 deposit is probably if you a person did not meet certain credit requirements.  This deposit is usually refunded after one year of service, provided you pay your bill on time and remain with the service for the contracted period.  4G is in the works, but not any time soon.

Doc

0 Likes
scuzzyxzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I have had sprint.  There is a required blackberry plan of 29 or higher you just have to look in the fine print to find it. just about every carrier charges for it one way or another.  Atleast vzw is upfront about it instead of hiding it.  Basic voice plan is 39.99 w/ bb its 69.99.  4g should be here around winter of this year, and while vzw may have more credit report requirments or whatever they use their customer service is far better and coverage is better.  all the new bb device rumors are not confirmed anyway.  i have seen three mock ups that all look different.  the one you descibed i saw last week.  it looked like someone took a palm pre and put bb buttons on it.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

no i called back today and was very detailed and clear with the questions and answers i inquired about the share plan from sprint the plan was 129.99 that is with a basic clamshell smartphone or blackberry. that plan is unlimited data and text and 1400 mins they said about 6 times because i asked the question different ways to see if the answer changed there is not data package you have to purchase have these phones UNLESS you want to use the blackberry enterprise server which basically would route all data through bb rather than sprint and offers options with email bundling using their email system...THIS IS NOT REQUIRED AT ANY POINT!!!! so i proceeded to walk through the plans and phones i wanted which was 2 htc touch pro 2's they said i would have a written contract from sprint that would state

i am paying 130 for my plan 15 for insurance on the two phones

any other charges on the account would be the taxes 

i am not being charged extra to have axcess to the use of the 4g smartphones

long story short i have done my home work online instore and over the phone sprint does not charge that data charge on the phones 10 or 30 its not there

this same plan from verizon is 120 for the plan 30 +30 for having two smart phones 16 for two insurance contracts thats 186 bucks plus the roughly 15 to 20 in taxes

so 160ish with sprint? or 220ish with vw ?????

if you doubt this please call them or stop by a store you DO NOT have to pay this "data package"  charge they offered a wriiten and signed contract because it was as it seemed any charges other than what you agree to will not show up.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

ok ive checked and double checked their site and terms they dont even offer any data package for phones other than blackberry unless you want worldwide data without additional charges but hey im not leavin the US anytime soon so there is NO HIDDEN fees or obvious packages to chose from you buy the plan and thats what you get.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Well, my friend, thank you for sharing what you have found with the others here in the forums.  I'm not going to dispute what you have found and I wish you good luck with your new phones.

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

hallcp1019 wrote:

ok ive checked and double checked their site and terms they dont even offer any data package for phones other than blackberry unless you want worldwide data without additional charges but hey im not leavin the US anytime soon so there is NO HIDDEN fees or obvious packages to chose from you buy the plan and thats what you get.

Sprint REQUIRES a data plan on all smartphone devices including; Blackberry, Android and WindowsMobile.  You don't see it because Sprint bundles all their features together in their "everything" plans, but you DO pay for data, make no mistake about it.

Check the website for their plan details, you'll see their "everything" plans include data for smartphones.

0 Likes
bstorm2b

Maybe I might be lost, but this is the VZW forums right? The phone in question is just a mock for right now and most go through many different mock phones before they release the actual phone. The phone was first rumored to be released for Verizon and take place of the storm 2. Again just a mock phone.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

well at least what they say you pay is what you pay its nice knowing ...hey i got a 130 plan and thats what ill pay not an extra 30 per phone on top of it that was my whole point thier plans are incredibly cheaper for anyone wanting anything more than a bare bones phone i mean verizon doesnt say get our everything plan for 69 and if you want a nice phone add 30 a pop  when it advertising that is not being up front.....AND im talking about 2 smartphones in that sprint plan ill pay 130 for that any day over 180 they can mask it in the plan if they want but the fact is they arent saying oh im gonna tack 30 bucks if you add a smartphone or go from a reg to smart while under contract verizon does that if i wanna change even with my envy itll cost me more to do anything to my contract. im sorry to say but there is no way verizon is open and directly up front in thier advertising let me know when you see or hear an ad saying try our everything plan for 6999 plus 10 or 30 if you do anything but talk gimme a break here  with steady stock drops according to yahoo financial verizon needs a change now maybe they can start thier tiered data charging to ease plan pricing on those of us who arent data hogs paying for you the ones of you using 10 or 20 times what the average customer does. im hanging on to verizon for 2010 just because id love an iphone but after that i cant dump my money into paying for other peoples over use of service.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I pay $81 total per month for a BlackBerry on Verizon. That's with unlimited data, a $5 texting package and taxes.

If you have a BlackBerry, you may be able to lower your talk minutes, since you'll have BB Messenger and email in addition to texting.

Sprint does have cheaper plans, but you get what you pay for too.

Re: this rumored device, I did see some threads about this on CrackBerry.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

0 Likes