New here, need some help with apps
cdmintmi

Ok Ive had several BB's over the years and really liked them all, but theyve also all been company phones.  To save money in this economy, my company has decided that smartphones were no longer a neccesity so my wife bought me a Storm for Christmas to use.  I found out recently that my company also decided that Data plans are no longer a neccesity as well.  So I have a smart phone that is a B student at the moment.  Id like to download some apps to my new phone to atleast make it more fun.  Is there a way to do this without have a data plan on the phone?  I mean can I pay for the app with my personal credit card, downlaod it to my computer, and then install it on my phone with the desktop software and USB cable?  Or is that just too much to ask.  Ive already ask if I could just buy a personal data plan on my own and add to my company plan and that is not available.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New here, need some help with apps
msagkittykat

You can down load some to your computer and put on your phone but then the app might need the internet.

Your best bet is to get the 29.99 data plan or you could end up with a hella bill to pay.

0 Likes
cdmintmi

yeah at the moment I cant. unless i just drop the company phone and get my own plan, but thats **bleep** if they are willing to pay for my phone in my opinion.  i was wanting to get some games and things like that.  Those dont use the internet do they?  Also, on appworld I dont seem to be able to find an option to download it to my computer.  It just asks for an email tied to my phone so it can send it the phone.  Did I miss something on the site?

0 Likes
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

You can ask if they'll just cut you a check every month for cellular service instead and get the phone switched to your name.  Our company did that last year and it works out pretty well.

0 Likes